Heritage Owners Club

NGD! Heritage h140cmv!

edge11

It's a heritage 140cm from 91'

I got it off of craigslist for 200 bones.

plays pretty well even though right now the electronics are f*cked up and it has holes galore on it.

It's pretty thin and the top looks killer.

I need to know how to get the gunk that the previous owner (who was a hot babe btw) left on there. It has teh feel and consistency of wax but it's very hard. I'm probably going to leave a lot of the metal parts in there as well as the metal things on the head stock.

I'm fixing the electronics as we speak.

pics on the way.

Born in the u.s.a

2870vpv.jpg

The pick guard and back plate

rh0e9d.jpg

The body and the waxy gunk

fv8f2a.jpg

The body is pretty thin and light

2ah8xv4.jpg

The head stock and the cool looking metal thingies (and a glue stop on it)

21lmm2o.jpg

The messed up electronics.

24o974k.jpg

gold paint on the neck joint, why?

21kdrfn.jpg

Do you guys have any information about the v-i-p thing because the electronics were non working and the switches were broken, i switched it to standard les paul wiring but i want to restore it to the original factory wiring.

thanks guys

Wow, that guitar is .... uh .... well ........ very customized. :o But for $200, Yeah, baby! :huh: Personally, I don't know that we've ever posted schems for the VIP wiring. My suggestion would be to call Heritage, talk to Ren - you'll find him aloof and yet somehow engaged and responsive at the same time. He developed the VIP system. Ask him to send you schematics to rewire it. You'll be surprised at how accessible they boys at the 'zoo are. In the meantime, enjoy your very personalized H140.

So far as removing gunk and crud buildup, can't remember the name of the polish that seems to du jour on the forum. But others will.

naptha/ligher fluid is I believe nitro safe and a good general purpose solvent. you can probably use a razor VERY CAREFULLY to scrape off some of the waxy substance. If it was hot when dripped on, which I fear, it probably has ruined the finish underneath.

The guitar was a steal, but that aside, the comment on the dudes lady was priceless and funny as h_ll.

Hey I just realized the hot chick was the owner! Anyhow one to many millers I suppose, I retract my first statement. You know how it goes when the beers are sailing down............. :lol:

Great Deal and nice that this one returned to playing condition ... very cool find..

Thanks man, now im trying to restore it to original specs and wiring. I emailed heritage about two days ago and havent heard back about the scheme, guess I'll have to call them.

Hey I just realized the hot chick was the owner! Anyhow one to many millers I suppose, I retract my first statement. You know how it goes when the beers are sailing down............. :occasion13:

to you a while, thats the best part of the story.

Great buy, but boy is it ugly. If it was me, I would get the frets, neck, and electronics up to snuff and playing really nice, and then emphasize the ugly, put stickers on it or relic it or something like that.

Thanks man, now im trying to restore it to original specs and wiring. I emailed heritage about two days ago and havent heard back about the scheme, guess I'll have to call them.

Better off calling than waiting for an email reply. It could be ......... months, years, decades before Ren replies. Call and you get instant support. :occasion13:

I called just now, and got the answering machine, and i emailed them about a week ago, an I've gotten no response on either end.

So if some one has the wiring diagram please pm me it.

Still havent heard back from them via email or phone call

Still havent heard back from them via email or phone call

They're probably not the best at keeping track of such things. It's a small shop.

They're there, though. Best just to keep calling until you reach someone.

$200 - the best $200 any one could spend, but I would get as much of that stuff of as I could, even if it ends up looking relic'd.

By the way, do you guys know that Gunk is actually a brand of engine cleaning product? (more useless information)

Hey, you may want to post it here ( or in the gallery ) when you get it.

I couldn't find anyone here that had it.

He sent me a diagram for a system with two pots and 4 switches entitled h-160...............yeah.............Idk i'll have to ask him.

Archived