Heritage Owners Club

Heritage 535 and bridge swap

shoe

I've heard the tone/pros the way to go?

For me it is either or. I have a Schaller bridge and I have no reason to wanna change it. Solid as a rock. Never owned a TonePros, but I have played on one and many here have given it good reviews. For me, the the difference with regard for what I care about in a bridge isn't appreciable enough to warrant getting one to replace my Schaller unless the Schaller breaks. If the Schaller ever fails, I'd have no issue going TonePros but I would also have no issue getting a replacement Schaller either.

Hi,

I've done this with my 535 and my 170. Let me know whether you want chrome, nickel or gold and I'll get you the TonePros part number for the locking bridge/tailpiece set. Alternatively, have a chat with Marquis Distribution over at Modesto, CA, the guys there know the Heritage models and which TonePros products work best with each.

The Schaller tailpiece is good, if a little ugly. The roller bridge is just a tonesucker. You'll get better sustain with the TonePros setup. Have a look in my gallery for pics with TonePros hardware.

See my H-150P post.

I just installed a Farber ABR-1 with Titanium saddles (on sale at CV guitars) with the nashville conversion posts. I also ditched the Schaller tailpiece for a Gotoh Aluminum model

also on a close out sale from LMII.com.

I think it made a real positive difference acoustically.

Now I need to find steel tailpiece posts in a metric thread....

Now I need to find steel tailpiece posts in a metric thread....

Hi,

if you can't find what you want in the States, try www.tokaiguitar.de. They sell the Faber stuff in Europe and ship anywhere. I've dealt with them in the past and they shipped to the UK quickly and efficiently.

I swapped bridges on my 555 and on my 535.

There was a roller bridge on my 555, which was a true sustain killer. It has a Duesenberg bridge now and it's better.

On my 535 it's a Faber titanium bridge now, which added a few extra points in tonebuilding compared to the Schaller bridge.

I've never noticed any lack of sustain on my 535 nor did I notice any change in sustain after the switch from the Nashville bridge to the original Schaller roller bridge. It almost has TOO MUCH sustain.

I question anyone who calls it a "true sustain killer" It's a bridge design that has been in use and popular for decades, and schaller doesn't make crap.

I think it just depends on the sound you're going for...if the guitar is a bit dark sounding you'll want the added sustain/clarity a tone pro setup could offer.

For me? I'm after that dark jazz tone so I have a roller bridge on my 530. Sounds awesome

Of course it depends on the music you play. For Jazzer's the roller bridge might be ok, same for country, maybe rockabilly, too.

But if you need those long wailing tones, a rollers bridge is not the right thing.

Archived