Heritage Owners Club

Millenium On It's Way!

schundog

The Millies have been big surprises and hits at the PSPs. They are what I think of as Heritage's second best not-quite-so-hidden gem. Probably one of the most inovative ideas for semi/solid guitars in quite some time.

Functional AND Beautiful! Hmmmmmmmmm...

Oops edit: Mighty fine ax you have Blunote!

Functional AND Beautiful! Hmmmmmmmmm...

Oops edit: Mighty fine ax you have Blunote!

This one came to me by way of Elderly last Christmas. Now we have another Chestnut Burst MIllie variation -also though Elderly. Leaves me to wonder if someone in the area has collection of Chestnut burst Heritages.

If so, I got dibs on the next H-150!

Guest mgoetting
This one came to me by way of Elderly last Christmas. Now we have another Chestnut Burst MIllie variation -also though Elderly. Leaves me to wonder if someone in the area has collection of Chestnut burst Heritages.

If so, I got dibs on the next H-150!

I saw this chestnut burst on Elderly. It is drop dead gorgeous. I spent of few minutes on the phone getting a stem to stern description of the good, bad and ugly. It was promising enough for me to drive 1.5 hours each way to check it out. I spent 30 minutes with it in the amp room with a sweet Marshall and bought it. They don't discount the first day it is listed but did throw in strings!

A few weeks later I got the Millie Eagle, which has a plumper neck and an extended tailpiece. Those make a difference to me, so my other two Millies now have new homes.

I saw this chestnut burst on Elderly. It is drop dead gorgeous. I spent of few minutes on the phone getting a stem to stern description of the good, bad and ugly. It was promising enough for me to drive 1.5 hours each way to check it out. I spent 30 minutes with it in the amp room with a sweet Marshall and bought it. They don't discount the first day it is listed but did throw in strings!

A few weeks later I got the Millie Eagle, which has a plumper neck and an extended tailpiece. Those make a difference to me, so my other two Millies now have new homes.

I thought you got a good deal on the Millie at Elderly. I paid a fair bit more for mine a few months earlier. No offence to anyone else, but I really like the Chestnut Burst color the best of those I've seen. I wish I'd had a chance to listen to the one at Elderly with the Seth's though. I haven't heard them before and it would be instructive to hear them in a Millie like mine.

I've been working on Black Magic Woman by Santana with with my HRW equipped Millie and recently purchased H150P with Schallers. There's no comparing the smooth groove the Millie has to the 150P...two different animals completely.

I like the 150/Schaller combination. It seems to have a cool bark, but the Millie...man, the Millie makes me melt.

Guest mgoetting
I've never bought a guitar type that I've never played; I hardly even ever buy ANY guitar I haven't played, but I decided to pull the trigger on mgoetting's Millenium on ebay. I've never had this type of guitar, and I've never had Seth Lover pickups, but I can't wait to find out whether or not they work for me! I talked to an independent dealer today about a H150 he's had for about 7 years, gathering dust, and he still wanted around $1750 for it. It's beautiful, but I'm just not ready to pay the higher prices for the new Heritages when we all seem to take pretty good care of the ones that are offered up used. Just wanted to share.

Arriving today according to UPS. It was shipped yesterday. Incredible.

So, mgoetting, what took so darn long!! haha. I won the big at like 10:00 PM Tuesday night, and the UPS guy brought it to my door around 5:30 tonight!! Very cool, thanks for the quick delivery. I had a couple buddies over to jam tonight, so it worked out great, after we stuffed ourselves with burgers and beans!! (The wife and girls are out of town for the week, so it's jam as late and loud as we want!) My friend Dave is a lead player, and he started out on my Traynor YCV40 with my Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fulltone OCD, and MI Audio Crunchbox. Great tone. I was on the Mille through my Boss GT-8 through my Deluxe Reverb. I LOVE the Seth Lover pickups! Very open and not too hot or muddy, which I've always had issues with in the neck. I play southern rock, rockin' country, blues, and some stuff like Maroon 5. Lots of various tones, thus the Boss Multi-Effect. I switched with Dave midway through the evening to get his evaluation of the Millie, as he's a much better/more experienced guitarist than I am. He shook his head after a bit, and said what I've known since I got my 535, "Man, these things fit like a glove!!" Very easy playability, especially regarding the neck. This guitar has it's bumps and bruises, some wormign on the back, and pick tap marks where a pickguard would go on a less beautiful top, but mgoetting was very upfront in his description, so no surprises. I am possibly the world's worst photographer, but I tried to get a couple of shots tonight; I'll try to get better ones in daylight soon. Thanks again, everyone, for your kind words; even though this was a good deal, it was a chunk of change for a cheapskate like me! Here's the pics;

0710161.jpg

0710167.jpg

0710168.jpg

Oh, by the way, that pic is of my buddy Dave, not me, playing the H-155; and he knows WAY more than a cowboy "D" chord!! haha. For me, after playing it standing up for 1/2 hour or so, I put it on a stand and picked up my 535, as it was kinda creeping me out not having strap locks on the new girl. I'll remedy that soon. Gotta go get a gold set of Schallers.

Archived