Heritage Owners Club

Why did you buy a Heritage?

Thundersteel

It's amazing the difference in information on Heritage guitars available now compared to just

a couple of years ago.  Back then I had to comb through years worth of alt.guitar and the like

just to get a rough idea about the company.  Now the HOC's got 44,400 posts strictly about

Heritage guitars, including I don't know how many thousand pictures.  A new buyer today is no

longer shooting in the dark.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
T-steel....been working on your karma, Another day and I'll have you up there. ;)

Thanx!  If I see you at PSP2 I buy you a few cold ones!

Wolfi~  Glad you found this great place.  Your first post was a winner in my book. 

So many of us have similar stories of how we came to know and love Heritage guitars.  Then we become advertising agents, spreading the word for the brand to whoever would listen.  No wonder Heritage keeps getting more well known around the globe. 8)

Hi Gitfiddler,

you are absolutely right. I tell everybody who wants to listen (and even everybody who doesn't :))  my Heritage story. And believe me, some of the Gibbo guys I know, start thinking, especially if they layed hands on one of my wooden playmates :). .

Hey All,

Another new guy here, had my H-170 for a week and I'm in love....I want more.

Down here in Australia I only heard of Heritage around 5 years ago when I first saw them listed at Jackson's Rare Guitars in Sydney. They had a short version of the story mentioned and I thought they sounded interesting but the price was quite high. RRP in Australia for a H170 is approx $3000 Australian dollars. I noticed last year that Jacksons had discounted several heritages. Then in Jan they had there 20th Anv sale it dropped to 33% off at $1990au. Then last week I saw it at %50 off at $1495au. Even though I had never seen one in the flesh I bought it anyway. I had already checked the reviews and figured it was a safe bet. (I didn't spot this site til the day after I ordered it)

Anyway 3 days later it was in my hands and I am now a convert. I mean theres nothing wrong with my G's (I have 3) or my F's (another 3), but they never really felt as good as I hoped they would. The heritage on the other hand just feels right, everthing seems effortless to play, and it sounds so good through my mesa express 5:50.

PS, Wolfi, your English seems at least as good as mine and it's my first language!!

Thanks to all for the friendly welcome. here's another pic of my baby

width=150 height=113 alt=P2260202http://www.heritageownersclub.com/gallery2/d/1808-2/P2260202.JPG[/img]

I really didn't know about Heritage Guitars when I purchased mine. At one time there was a wonderful guitar shop (as he would call it an adult guitar shop), called Dreamcatchers in Roswell, Georgia. I went there to check out a used Gibson ES-175, well, one thing led to another and they said why don't you try another guitar or two to compare to the Gibson - well I went through about 20 other instruments. I stumbled into the Sweet 16 and kept coming back it - it felt good - I loved the neck, it seemed effortless to form chords - and the sound was sweet. I was then told the Heritage story. That night I played instruments that were on sale from around $1,000 to over $10,000 and that Sweet 16 beat them all out. I was in love. And the greatest surprise that night - I told my wife, I love the feel of this guitar, but we need to think about it a little before we plunk down the money (this guitar was selling for twice the asking price on the ES-175). Her response, you like it, what's to think about, buy it. I was floored, she is great. That was about 5 years ago and I am still very pleased

tom

Hi Dan from Australia,

a big "hello" to downunder. It's great to have someone here from the home of Ian Moss (he's one of my favourite players).

And thanks a lot for your nice words ref. my English :)   (no, I refuse to use spell check :))

Looking forward to your posts!!

Best regards

Wolf

So I'm asking: Why did you buy a Heritage?

I must have missed this one somewhere along the way......

I bought my 1st Heritage, a trans-green H 157, back in 2000.  It was a sweet guitar, but i was never one to hold on to a guitar back then...i had a couple 140s after that before i joined the HOC....then i saw the light

All these other brands that i had been playing over the years just didnt have the feel and the tone of a Heritage...and for me the local connection was a big plus.

I dont see myself ever going back to one of the other big box companies again.

Hi Dan from Australia,

a big "hello" to downunder. It's great to have someone here from the home of Ian Moss (he's one of my favourite players).

And thanks a lot for your nice words ref. my English :)   (no, I refuse to use spell check :))

Looking forward to your posts!!

Best regards

Wolf

Hey Wolfi,  ;D

I had heard that chisel had a bit of a following in Germany. Yes I am a fan of Ian too. I first saw him play in Cold Chisel back in 82 & again in 84 just before they broke up. I also have seen him 3 or 4 times as a solo artist. Have you seen him live over there? Definately a unique guitarist and an excellent voice.

Cold Chisel are considered to be an essential part of Aussie culture by many. Khe Sahn is the unofficial Australian national anthem!! 

:laughing3: 'left my heart to the sappers round Khe Sahn..... '  actually I think you have to sing the first verse to pass the citizenship test ;D

Also a fan of Gary Moore, loved his work with Thin Lizzy.

i havent sold a guitar in quite a while, and i dont plan to :-*

Over/under two months on the 525. Any takers???  >:D:P ;D

yeah, well, i kinda brought that reputation on myself.  but i am trying to turn over a new leaf and only buy ones i want to keep. :)

Ah come on Big guy, you know we love ya!!! :-*

Hi Downunder,

Nice to see another Australian.

Good to see you've got a guitar you are happy with.  Similar to you, Jackson's fitted me out with a second hand Heritage archtop this year which has turned out to be a brilliant guitar.  It's sad that they are going out of buisiness with Heritage though. It took me forever to find a Heritage guitar. 

Cheers,

Z

Jacksons was basically the Australian distributor, although it was under another name. Boutique Music.

There is no Australian distributor now as far as I know.

I know a couple of guys who are working on changing that. Im not sure how that will pan out though.

So I guess whats left at Jacksons and the few scattered around the stores in the rest of Australia are it.

Theres only 2 in WA and either myself or another guy will buy those ;D  A 150 and a 535

Im waiting for an insurance claim and he is waiting for a will to be sorted out.

I bought a G Brand Les Paul BFG in 2007..I really loved the P-90 on it, and played the heck out of it..But the fret ends stuck out on it, and I took it in to have it filed down..While I was in the store I noticed this Heritage Les Paul on the wall..Beautiful Sunburst! The thing played like a dream, plus is was a hundred less that the LP Studio they had.. I had grown up in Michigan, and had toured the Kazoo plant in the 70's..So I have a soft spot for the old Parsons Street plant, and had always loved the Heritage guitars..So, Instead of getting the BFG fixed, I traded it, plus a couple of unused amps, and a bit of cash...So, I am now the owner of an all original B series H-140..The tuners are about half shot on it, but they still hold for the most part, so I haven't changed them out yet..I promise to get pictures soon..Still don't have a camera, but I will enlist a friends help..I would love to get a H-535 someday, maybe after the economy straightens up..

Hey Wolfi,  ;D

I had heard that chisel had a bit of a following in Germany. Yes I am a fan of Ian too. I first saw him play in Cold Chisel back in 82 & again in 84 just before they broke up. I also have seen him 3 or 4 times as a solo artist. Have you seen him live over there? Definately a unique guitarist and an excellent voice.

Cold Chisel are considered to be an essential part of Aussie culture by many. Khe Sahn is the unofficial Australian national anthem!! 

:laughing3: 'left my heart to the sappers round Khe Sahn..... '   actually I think you have to sing the first verse to pass the citizenship test ;D

Also a fan of Gary Moore, loved his work with Thin Lizzy.

Hi Dan,

I've seen Cold Chisel twice over here. The first time in a smaller concert hall (approx. 2.000 people) around here. This concert really blew my head. Mossy played and sung so well. "Bow River" is one of my all time favourites. Another one is "Letter To Alan" and I like pretty much their "Last Wave Of Summer" Album.

The second time I saw them, they supported Bon Jovi. This one wasn't that good because of a poor sound.

So I own more or less all Cold Chisel CD's. I didn't know Keh Sahn ist such an important song for Australia.

I've seen Jimmy Barnes at least 7 times in clubs around here. Had been always very, very good. One he a band called "The Bad Love" (?) as support. ZThey were great, too. Their guitar player was the brother of Little River Band's Stephen Housden (who is a great player, but I'm sure you know this better I do). ) 

Gary Moore is one of my fav's too. He was the reason for me to buy my H 150 CM and my 535 :)

Again, best regards to downunder

Wolf

Hi Tully,

Thanks for that info.  Sounds like WA must have a really active music scene!

I looked at Heritage Guitars at Boutique Music, which is a branch of Jackson's in Armidale I think.  Lovely guitars but the prices there were way beyond anything I could afford.

Good luck with getting your 150 or 535 whichever way you choose to go! I had to wait a fair while for my old BMW bike to sell before I could pick up my 575.  A sad loss but worth it, I can play the guitar every day - the bike would have sat idle in the shed until the kids grow up.

Z

Hi Tully,

Thanks for that info.  Sounds like WA must have a really active music scene!

I looked at Heritage Guitars at Boutique Music, which is a branch of Jackson's in Armidale I think.  Lovely guitars but the prices there were way beyond anything I could afford.

Good luck with getting your 150 or 535 whichever way you choose to go! I had to wait a fair while for my old BMW bike to sell before I could pick up my 575.  A sad loss but worth it, I can play the guitar every day - the bike would have sat idle in the shed until the kids grow up.

Z

Yeah Perth has always had a pretty good thing going with bands and venues.

I like to think of Perth as the cultural center of Australia...

Try saying that with a straight face ;D

I sold my Katana to fund an amp. I got worried about my longevity and don't actually miss the bike like I thought I would.

It was a bit old anyway and I seemed to spend more time sourcing parts and maintaining it than riding it.

Archived