Heritage Owners Club

Why did you buy a Heritage?

Thundersteel

It was great to read these comments again. Keeps reminding me of how wise we all are.  Hey Slate..speaking of Bloomfield, did you hear that Gbrand is going to do a limited run of custom shop Bloomfield LP replicas?  Another beat up, scratched up new guitar for a humongous price.  Ole Henry never sleeps.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been a fun read. :)   My " Holy Grail " is my OSB 150 for sure.  It's the first Heritage I found on the bay.  It's a 2002 and I got it in 2005.  It just kills!  Now I can't decide if I want a 137, 157, or a 535 next.  I have two 150's and I am addicted to them. Great guitars.  

On a side note, I read recently where Epiphone, in conjunction with Gibbon, is making "Kalamazoo" replicas--but they're being built in Nashville!   ???

My conjecture is that they'll be assembled in Nashville with Chinese made parts.

Hey Slate..speaking of Bloomfield, did you hear that Gbrand is going to do a limited run of custom shop Bloomfield LP replicas?  Another beat up, scratched up new guitar for a humongous price.  Ole Henry never sleeps.

Sheesh!  Hadn't heard that g'wave!  Can't say more Gibson necrophilia really surprises me, though.  I'll spare everybody my personal diatribe on this one, but Bloomers is sacred territory to me!  Suffice to say there's one way we can all have an authentic Bloomfield Replica of any guitar we own....  Please refer to my signature below:

I see a lot of the early posters haven't been around for awhile.

But that's OK--I'm still here!

Let's hear some more stories of how you found the "Holy Grail!"

Here comes a new member :)

First of all I would like to send a big "Hello" to all Heritage owners and club members. This is my first post.

I'm Wolf from Germany and I n three great Heritag guitars. After I played some G brand guitars (LP Customs and Standards). I turned out to become more and more a Strat player. I still own two early 70's Strats, one with that typical 90's "Luke" set up (EMG's, Floyd Rose etc.).

About two years ago, I visited a Gary Moore concert and after that I was very keene to get that LP and ES sound again. Some days later I visited Realguitars. They are the distributor for Heriatge guitars in Germany. First I played a G brand costom shop LP, which sounded really good. Uli, the owner of that shop, asked me to check out a Heriatge LP. It was kind of a love at first sight, when I took that beautiful H 150 CM  in my hand. It played very well, it was so well done and that tone... That baby sung an screamed. That was exactly what I was looking for.

The price was really ok, but even if the price had been higher, the H 150 would have been my choice.

6 months later I saw an advertisment in a guitar magazine. The guy wanted to trade a wonderful Amber H 535. This one beacame my big love. Again, I played and I loved it. Such a great tone. No matter if it was Jazz, or a clean crispy sound or a roaring rock sound. This one was so fantastic!!!  After I bought it, I took it to a friend who owned two ES 335 at that time. And what can I say ? Man was he overwhelmed by the tonal quality of my H 535. We made some recording right away and it sounded so well. (by the way, this friend sold one of his ES and bought a 535 too).

My newest "Baby" is a beautiful cherry red H 555 ( I'm just changing the bridge and the tailpiece, because it has a roller bridge and that big Schaller tailpiece). I' m sure this is the beginning of a new great friendship :).

This was it for my first posting. I hope my English is good enough to be part of this great forum.

Again my best regards to all Heritage owners and lovers :)

Wolf

Hi Wolf and Welcome to the HOC, greetings also from Ireland !

You have a great selection of Heritage guitars, post pics as soon as you can please !

If you stay around here your collection will surely grow. I have seen the Realguitars site a few times, they have some really great Heritages in stock. I agree with you on the 535, it is very good for a wide range of musical styles. What do you use for amplification ?

Hi Wolf and Welcome to the HOC, greetings also from Ireland !

You have a great selection of Heritage guitars, post pics as soon as you can please !

If you stay around here your collection will surely grow. I have seen the Realguitars site a few times, they have some really great Heritages in stock. I agree with you on the 535, it is very good for a wide range of musical styles. What do you use for amplification ?

Hi to the wonderful Ireland :) and thanks for the welcoming,

I have different amp set ups:

Old Seymour Duncan Amp with a 4 x 12 Marshall cab, loaded with V 30's. Believe it or not. The Seymour Duncan Amp sounds great and my one seems to be the one which doesn't break (let's cross fingers it keeps well:))

My 2nd Amp is an old Session Sessionette 75. It's a none valve amp. Sounds very good for the clean stuff and sometimes surprises me if I need that typical creamy Moore tone. You might know Goeffrey Whitehorn from the UK. He played one in the early 80's.

For SD and the Session is use some floor toys (Digitech Delay, Digitech Chorus, MC 401 booster, Cry Baby)

My main set up in the monent is a Hughes and Kettner Valve Power Amp and and old Digitech GSP 2101, which gave me a hard time  to gain a good sound.

Is use this as a stereo set up with two 1 x 12 Marshalls or 2 4 x 12 Marshalls, all with V 30s.

Regards

We won't be too critical here until you start criticizing our long-necked children.  ;D

Best you can do is the spell check feature at the bottom of the response window

Thanks a lot, Marshall. That was a good one :) :) :)

I will use the spell check in the future.

Regards

Wolf

Welcome, Wolf!  Would that my Deutsch were 1/10th as good as your English.  Terrific first postings.  They really are wonderful guitars, aren't they!?  Great to hear from you!    8)

There are so many mistakes in my first posting. Do we have kind of a "correction button" ?

Spellcheck, perhaps?

Anyway, WELCOME! That's a nice story--I can relate!

Welcome, Wolf!  Would that my Deutsch were 1/10th as good as your English.  Terrific first postings.  They really are wonderful guitars, aren't they!?  Great to hear from you!    8)

Thank you so much !!!! You guys make me feel very much at home :)

Yes, the Heritage guitars are just great. Since I've got my first Heritage, I call myself a Heritage addict :)

Best regards!!

Since I've got my first Heritage, I call myself a Heritage addict

Looks like them ol' Kalamazoo boys snagged another one!  >:D

Spellcheck, perhaps?

Anyway, WELCOME! That's a nice story--I can relate!

Spellcheck is a good idea. Another one would be: first think and than type :)

Thanks for the welcome !! Great forum !

Wolfi~  Glad you found this great place.  Your first post was a winner in my book. 

So many of us have similar stories of how we came to know and love Heritage guitars.  Then we become advertising agents, spreading the word for the brand to whoever would listen.  No wonder Heritage keeps getting more well known around the globe. 8)

Archived