Heritage Owners Club

NAD!

Wow! Awesome score! ;);)

You don't see point to point build using terminal strips as often as you see PTP turret boards in boutique amps. I like the liberal use of silicone glue in the build to keep things from flapping around in there. Are those big black soup cans Solen caps in there?

I'm probably preaching to the choir, but if you don't have a VOS or NOS tube collection going, well, you have a fantastic starting point with that amp. Simple circuits tend to respond the most dramatically to tube rolling.

Sure hope you really, really, really like playing through that amp.

YAY!

Hey Thundersteel,

Congrats!

I'm not familiar with Carr Mercury - what genres of music is it good for. What kind of tubes?

what genres of music is it good for. What kind of tubes?

I've been playing blues and rock through it; it's good for that.

As far as power tubes, it has a single Electro-Harmonix KT-88.

The amp is rated at 8 - 12 watts, but it's switchable to 8, 2, 1/2, & 1/10 watts.

Congrats. As a native North Carolinian, I have to point out that both of your new amps (Swart, Carr) come from the Old North State. Figures, now that I'm half a country away, that NC would become a center for boutique builders. (I'm gonna be in Wilmington in a couple of weeks ... if it rains, maybe I'll see if Swart has a factory tour.)

Enjoy.

I've been playing blues and rock through it; it's good for that.

As far as power tubes, it has a single Electro-Harmonix KT-88.

The amp is rated at 8 - 12 watts, but it's switchable to 8, 2, 1/2, & 1/10 watts.

Great that you can switch it down. I'll have to try one out some day. do you think there's a web site where they post sound clips?

do you think there's a web site where they post sound clips?

The Carr Amps website may have some. If not, I'm sure you'll find some on YouTube.

I'm curious, what's the reason for the unusual shaped back panel, is it for the KT-88?

Yup. It shows the KT-88 in all its glory; plus, it protects it as well.

Ten photos and I still don't know what the face looks like.

I could have sworn I posted it; either I of Photobucket messed up. Here is try #2 on the front of the amp:

IMG_0355.jpg

What speaker is that? .. a 12"?

Yes.

Archived