Heritage Owners Club

NAD!

Carr Mercury

If I had the money, I tell you what Id do, Id go down town and by a Mercury or two.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Yeah, I snagged a mint condition Carr Mercury off of Ebay!

But f&$@kin Fed Ex, just issued a "Delivery Exception." Now, they changed the delivery date to tomorrow! WTF?

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Yeah, I snagged a mint condition Carr Mercury off of Ebay!

But f&$@kin Fed Ex, just issued a "Delivery Exception." Now, they changed the delivery date to tomorrow! WTF?

B@$TARDS!! Enjoy that amp!! I'll have one someday..As a matter of fact I'm heading to the plasma center right now.. B)

Update: Good news!

I had called FedEx Monday so see if they could hold it for me, but the Delivery Exception I got today was "unable to hold for customer." ???

So, I went down to the FedEx depot, which, thankfully, is only about a mile or so from my house. I asked about my shipment, and they had it there waiting for me!

The seller said it was in mint condition--they were right! There isn't a mark of any kind on it. It was packed VERY well: it was double-boxed, padded, and even the tube was packaged separately! It works as advertised! It was built in 2005; still, I got it for about 60% of the cost of a new one, so I think I did good!

And now, the mandatory pics!

Arrival & unpacking. Antici--------pation!

IMG_0351.jpgIMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0353.jpgIMG_0354.jpg

Nice, like how you take it apart and check for damage before you fire it up like a good risk manager.

So you got a Tweed and a Blackface P-P within a couple of weeks of each other. You must be digging the tube thing big time.

Even the transformer says Mercury on it. :-)

Can we get a tone report? Still waiting for one on the Swart.

Interior pics:

IMG_0359.jpg

Gee, for as much as those things cost, you would think they would come with a nice neatly laid out circuit board instead of all that WIRE!

B)

Nice snag on that one!

So am I going to get to hear this thing at PSP? Have you rented a trailer to carry all the amps?

Can we get a tone report? Still waiting for one on the Swart.

I'll do even better--I'll bring 'em BOTH to PSP III so you can hear them yourself!

Have you rented a trailer to carry all the amps?

I won't need to--this time. Since I'm not bringing my Marshall/Mesa half stack, everything should fit nicely in my pick-em up truck.

Archived