Heritage Owners Club

Can't decide on a grill cloth cover...

kbp810

My last amp build ran into one major flaw... the left speaker cone was hitting against the power transformer. Since I made the mistake of epoxying in the baffle board, not much I can really do to fix it; so I started back from scratch - well not total scratch, I am going back to the first maple cabinet I had started in the first place.

So far it's curly maple stained with a sort of light red/brown'ish color, trimmer with birdseye maple that will be finished natural, and for over the faceplate is ambrosia maple that I also plan on finishing natural (not sure at which pointed I deciced to go with all maple!)

I am having a really hard time deciding on what color/pattern grill cloth to go with on it though... mojotone has a light oxblood that I am leaning towards but can't make up my mind.

Any thoughts from the HOC?

Here's the box so far -

a1b69605.jpg

This is the light oxblood I am considering...

http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/Grillclo...ood-36W-SPECIAL

I am colorblind as it gets without seeing grayscale, so bear with me.

From the finish you described, I would go with a darker grill cloth than the finish. From there, I would try to find something with an interesting pattern in it sort of like Vox has. Not JUST like that, but you know what I am saying. Subtle but present. That's what I would shoot for initially.

My Goodsell and Hayseed both have that Oxblood grill and the tweed coverings -

I think they have that Oxblood with goldthreads too. Love the combination maroon and tan / gold /natural maple

Thanks for the input!

- They have this one at mojo as well which I think is sort of along the lines of what you're describing above. I think the darker color will help cover the speaker/baffle better as well

I think I'm going to roll with this one

http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/Grillclo...rill-Cloth-36-W

Thanks for the input!

- They have this one at mojo as well which I think is sort of along the lines of what you're describing above. I think the darker color will help cover the speaker/baffle better as well

I think I'm going to roll with this one

http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/Grillclo...rill-Cloth-36-W

I bet that will look slick!

Schwing!!! Nice work kbp810!

I estimate that you understand the Tit for Tat reverse roll that requires a whack on your amp for each play on any said H137.

It's all good. Nice Work!

Schwing!!! Nice work kbp810!

I estimate that you understand the Tit for Tat reverse roll that requires a whack on your amp for each play on any said H137.

It's all good. Nice Work!

Indeed I do my good sir, I believe we have an accord ;)

Is that a Martin D28 holding open the window?

Please, I only use D50's to hold up my windows!

D50KDX_body-front.jpg

(Actually, it's just an old beat up cheap fender that I can't figure out why I haven't tossed yet - has a twist and bow in the neck, truss rod is snapped, bridge is half coming off, ended up donating the tuner's to a friend who made himself a cigar box guitar)

Archived