Heritage Owners Club

NGD- The Heritage WTF

Guest mgoetting

I see 'JP Moats' in the sigs.... hard to believe they would make this killer finish and then write all over it!

Guest mgoetting

Fair question.

This guy had a series of custom guitars made at Heritage. The ones I know about are odd. He is a studio musician. My guess is that he never thought he would sell this guitar and wanted the crew that put his instruments together to sign the last one.

His studio work has all but vanished and he's selling his stuff.

The really intriguing question is what was he thinking when he designed this? I get the MIDI and the 1 5/8" body thickness. But why a Super Eagle inspiration? And why the name Nite Tripper?

I hear that he's a good musician and he must have his reasons.

I'll look at it when it arrives. Maybe the signatures will buff out. Maybe a humbucker and piezo could replace the bridge MIDI without leaving holes.

I'll probably take to Heritage and see what they have to say.

I'd be hesitant to buff out those sigs. it looks like a special one-off. Also - what makes this a Super Eagle ? no f-holes, no block inlays(?)

Guest mgoetting
I'd be hesitant to buff out those sigs. it looks like a special one-off. Also - what makes this a Super Eagle ? no f-holes, no block inlays(?)

What makes it a Super Eagle? I'll find out if Heritage calls it that when I pull off the control plate.

Your point is well taken. It's an 18" body, the neck joins at the 14th fret, and it has imperial tuners.

The 18" bout , I'd say...

It will be unusual to play with that big bout and shallow depth. It could be fun. Especially with a synth hook up.

I'd guess he was a Beatles fan and this is the counterpoint to being a "Day Tripper"... the "Night Tripper".

That's definitely a unique guitar. I don't know that I would try to buff out the signatures. If the dye has worked its way into the nitro, you would have to almost strip it to get rid of the color. Most sharpy type permanent markers are soluble in rubbing alcohol, but I wouldn't use any alcohol on a nitro finish without testing it first. It could soften the finish.

Do you have a way to use the synth pickup?

Guest mgoetting
That's definitely a unique guitar. I don't know that I would try to buff out the signatures. If the dye has worked its way into the nitro, you would have to almost strip it to get rid of the color. Most sharpy type permanent markers are soluble in rubbing alcohol, but I wouldn't use any alcohol on a nitro finish without testing it first. It could soften the finish.

Do you have a way to use the synth pickup?

No. I've got to think about that. There are many choices. Any suggestions?

Guest mgoetting

I don't mind the signatures that much. I'll let the Heritage boys advise on what to do. It's a touchy subject. Love ya guys but how do I get your names off?

Guest mgoetting

The guitar is here. I don't have pics yet.

Someone asked why is this considered a Super Eagle. Well, it isn't one.

My first impression is about the size of the shipping box. This came from a guitar dealer. Yet he had to create a box for it due to its largeness. It is in a Super 400 case, which is something to behold. It has Heritage on it. There are 5 latches, a special padded handle and two small hooks on either side of the handle. The body portion of the case has a custom pillow to compensate for the thinness of the guitar.

The guitar condition is excellent. The Roland pup obviously was a factory job and is slick. The neck is medium. The signatures appear to be below the lacquer and really don't bother me at all. Kinda interesting really.

The most important thing is the control panel plate. The other side of it reveals that this is a 550 vintage orange sunburst.

So my new claim is that I have both the largest and smallest thin bodied Heritages ever made- Little One and Big One. Neither is shy, one being red, white and blue and the other lemon-orange.

So there!

Pics to follow.

Archived