Heritage Owners Club

Lets see your Millie

chico

Ah, Dave's Guitars.. havent been there in decades. I  graduated from UWMadison in about '87. I had Dave fix a headstock crack on my 65 Rick once. Did a nice job.

HFB,

Knobs came stock.  Bought this new at Dave's in LaCrosse, WI. It had "take me home" written all over it! 

It is a wide flat neck.

• 2 weeks later...
For those that have played both, what are the biggest differences between a Millie semi-solid and, say, a 535 type?  does having a millie mean you don't need a 535 or 555 type? (ok, need is a relative word)

Chico

I have the Millie/HRWs and a 535/SD 59's and to be honest if I had to choose only one then it would be the 535.

The Millie is a great guitar in it's own right, but it definitely does not sound like a Les Paul even though it is shaped like one.

The 535 is more resonant when unplugged than the Millie, at least mine is, and even at moderate volume levels the 535 will start to blow air from the f holes and start to "sing".

The Millie doesn't do that, presumably because of it's chambered construction.

I remember someone else on the forum noting this phenomenon, after playing Strats and solid bodies for years it still came as a surprise when it first happened to me.

Archived