Heritage Owners Club

BND- Broken neck day

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

The best laid plans....

This Eagle was obviously dropped by FedEx. It was in its case with strings loosed and the case was in a guitar box with styrofoam padding. The neck snapped where it rested on the case neck support. A rapid deceleration as the guitar landed on its back had to be responsible.

Here are the before and after pics.

P1010009.jpg?1288911915IMG_3694.jpg?1288912058

IMG_3689.jpg?1288912201

Now to fill out the FedEx claim forms.

lifewithasong received the broken guitar today. He couldn't have been better about it. He's sending the guitar back. I'll get it fixed and keep it. It's gonna kill me but I will probably have to send his guitar back to him. :icon_pale:

sorry to hear about your eagle dude..But here is the good news..I cracked the neck on my H-140 last year, and with a professional glue job you can hardly see the crack, and she still sounds great..

Guest mgoetting

I'll call Chris O'Donnell and we'll conjure up a a spell at the next full moon, to cast out the bad luck.

If her magic worked she'd be Senator O'Donnell.

Mark, you're in K'zoo. What would Heritage charge to replace the neck?

Or maybe I should ask how much more than Fed-ex reimburses you would it cost? Some guitars are worth putting back to original.

Any way, tough pictures to look at. Sorry it happened.

oh man, that's a real shame....I feel your pain

if it's any consolation: I have a couple guitars with broken/repaired necks, as long as there's no wood missing it can repaired fairly easily & will probably be stronger than it was before

That really stinks. I would definitely talk to the guys at Heritage, besides getting it back to factory spec, it keeps the folks at Parsons working. The thing that I would always worry about is feeling the repair when you play. If it's up by the headstock its one thing, but this looked like it was down into the fretting area.

I've been lucky with the guitars that I've bought and had shipped, but you just know in the back of your mind that SOMEDAY a gorilla will be on duty when your baby comes through.

Wow. Sorry Mark. That is truly a shame! One reason why I will never buy any guitar and have it shipped by FEDEX or UPS (unless it is in a full metal jacket)...I don't trust those people.

Archived