Jump to content
Heritage Owners Club

H-157 on the way


Recommended Posts

On 2/20/2022 at 12:32 PM, zdzislaw said:

Wonderful black with amber & gold.

I just received an H550 with Schallers. They are excellent in this guitar. Great articulation, chord notes are distinct, not dark, bass precise and not rounded, and clean treble with no ice pick. Before I received the guitar I thought of putting in new pups. No more.
 

 I hope you enjoy the guitar and the Schallers.

I think you missed something, he said he pulled the Schallers out and installed vintage Gibson T-Tops, he was just using one of the covers from the Schallers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2022 at 1:32 PM, zdzislaw said:

Wonderful black with amber & gold.

I just received an H550 with Schallers. They are excellent in this guitar. Great articulation, chord notes are distinct, not dark, bass precise and not rounded, and clean treble with no ice pick. Before I received the guitar I thought of putting in new pups. No more. 

I don't like, "hot," pickups.  Schallers sound pretty damned good.  Let the amp give you gain.  Keep the original signal clean out of the guitar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/22/2022 at 2:50 AM, High Flying Bird said:

I don't like, "hot," pickups.  Schallers sound pretty damned good.  Let the amp give you gain.  Keep the original signal clean out of the guitar. 

T-tops are not hot pickups, they are just the opposite, usually in the low 7K range. I've never heard a Schaller that sounds as good as an early T-Top.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rockabilly69 said:

T-tops are not hot pickups, they are just the opposite, usually in the low 7K range. I've never heard a Schaller that sounds as good as an early T-Top.

If they give a clean signal I would probably like them too.  My Lollar Imperials are clean and have a great sound. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, High Flying Bird said:

If they give a clean signal I would probably like them too.  My Lollar Imperials are clean and have a great sound. 

I have a set of T-Tops I bought in 1970 that sound incredible in my old 60's Harmony Stratotone. 

They sound great clean as well as with overdrive...much better than the original DeArmond foil it came with.

z2bCH8.jpg

Edited by Gitfiddler
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

I have a set of T-Tops I bought in 1970 that sound incredible in my old 60's Harmony Stratotone. 

They sound great clean as well as with overdrive...much better than the original DeArmond foil it came with.

z2bCH8.jpg

Very cool!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Alas, this beauty will be for sale soon at a shop in Clarksville TN (Mom & Dad Music). 

Incredible 157, I of course kept the t-tops but it still has a nice tone with the original pickups. If anyone here gets it I have the old hefty hardware too if interested, forgot to put it in the case. Traded it in at no fault of the guitar itself, something called to me and it took letting a few nice things go to get it. 

Great weight, great neck, great guitar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...