Heritage Owners Club

Dealer Selling No More

blueox

A while after I noticed that Elderly Instruments had not restocked their new Heritage offerings after selling all they had, I made an inquiry and received the following message: "Sorry, but we currently do not have plans to stock any new Heritage guitars". I am disappointed, to say the least. Due to a lawsuit several years ago, they cannot sell Gibson, so one would think that Heritage would be a great brand for them. Is this a sign of the Great Recession's continuing impact or is this just another example of Heritage getting no respect?

That leads to an interesting question... how is Heritage doing these days given the bad economy? Anybody have any idea?

I have heard many views from a few different sources...they have seen better times...that's probably a mild way of putting it.

I have heard many views from a few different sources...they have seen better times...that's probably a mild way of putting it.

So, I guess if we got em, HANG ON TO EM! Not that they will increase in value a bunch, but that they might start becoming rare..

According to Graham over at Wolfe Guitars, Heritage will have a price increase for 2010. That might have yet another adverse effect on sales of new Heritages, especially if the economy continues to be in a slump.

The used market is looking better each day.

I feel badly for the smaller guitar retailers!

According to Graham over at Wolfe Guitars, Heritage will have a price increase for 2010. That might have yet another adverse effect on sales of new Heritages, especially if the economy continues to be in a slump.

The used market is looking better each day.

I feel badly for the smaller guitar retailers!

Wonder how Wolfe's sale of Heritage models is going.

Since Heritage relies on smaller guitar shops as dealers, it's natural to worry about their status during hard times. Heck, part of the appeal of the Heritage guitar for me is the company itself and its people. I would take it personally if the company went under.

But size is no guarantor of survival. Larger companies like Gibson and Fender are often highly leveraged, have big workforces, and are heavily reliant on "big box" retailers that are having their own troubles. If Guitar Center goes under, think what that would do to Gibson.

If Heritage is a tightly run ship, I predict they'll make it through these tough times.

Bill Paige told me Friday that sales are up slightly and that was a good sign.

I think it is time for a Heritage price increase. They haven't had one since 2006, where PRS, Fender, Gibson have averaged a 11% price increase.

Heritage will be just fine, I am confident (I hope).

A while after I noticed that Elderly Instruments had not restocked their new Heritage offerings after selling all they had, I made an inquiry and received the following message: "Sorry, but we currently do not have plans to stock any new Heritage guitars". I am disappointed, to say the least. Due to a lawsuit several years ago, they cannot sell Gibson, so one would think that Heritage would be a great brand for them. Is this a sign of the Great Recession's continuing impact or is this just another example of Heritage getting no respect?

Huh. What happened to Ederly and Gibson? Elderly I thought was one of the 'favored' dealers who were allowed to show Gibs in their advertised ads a few years ago. I hadn't noticed that they don't carry them anymore, but sure enought they're not in the new catalog. Huh.

Bill Paige told me Friday that sales are up slightly and that was a good sign.

I think it is time for a Heritage price increase. They haven't had one since 2006, where PRS, Fender, Gibson have averaged a 11% price increase.

Heritage will be just fine, I am confident (I hope).

Great news! Thanks!

Huh. What happened to Ederly and Gibson? Elderly I thought was one of the 'favored' dealers who were allowed to show Gibs in their advertised ads a few years ago. I hadn't noticed that they don't carry them anymore, but sure enought they're not in the new catalog. Huh.

What I heard was they got caught selling Chinese "Gibsons" as the real deal..So Gibson pulled out..That came from a friend of mine who lives in Lansing..

Yet no one complained of a drop in Gibson's quality control. Weird, huh?

Glad to see it was just because of a less than well thought out statement clearly describing a banjo for sale as a Gibson copy. i have dealt with those guys through the years on occassion and they are excellent and reputable. I'll really miss them as a Heritage dealer...

Archived