Heritage Owners Club

A Heritage for the headstock-picky....

DreamKing

Not sure that is the same vid, but when the first one where he had shaved the headstock was posted, in respectful comment I asked him "why?" Didn't see my comment, so I'm assuming it's on a dif vid. And no, I don't get it. What's the point of shaving or changing a Heritage headstock to look like a Gibs? One guys comment leads me to believe he thinks it is a Gibs. :icon_tongue:

FreddZepps headstock takes the cake!!

modifying the headstock like that guy is kinda crazy IMO...the standard one is perfectly functional, although I'd prefer a beefier version if I had my druthers

great playing though!!

FreddZepps headstock takes the cake!!

modifying the headstock like that guy is kinda crazy IMO...the standard one is perfectly functional, although I'd prefer a beefier version if I had my druthers

great playing though!!

I think, if you ask, the boys would modify the headstock slightly. As long as it stays with the basic shape. I seem to recall Jay saying he'd had them change the headstock slightly on some of his special orders. Still looked like the classic H headstock, but with more beef, as you put it.

I liked the headstock very much and think it makes the guitar look much better. What does it matter if the headstock is none standard? If the owner is happy, good for him.

I liked the headstock very much and think it makes the guitar look much better. What does it matter if the headstock is none standard? If the owner is happy, good for him.

In the end, that is very true. It's his guitar to do with as he pleases. I think the question was, what brought him to that, tho'? That was all. Gregor is a monster player. Regardless of the guitar or ... headstock ;) I love to hear him play. ^_^

In the end, that is very true. It's his guitar to do with as he pleases. I think the question was, what brought him to that, tho'? That was all. Gregor is a monster player. Regardless of the guitar or ... headstock ;) I love to hear him play. ^_^

Gregor buys used and vintage guitars.

I would bet anything that HE DID NOT modify the headstock, but bought it that way.

There are clips of him playing a 525 where he stated how much he loved that guitar.

Probably got it cheap off some guy that already had the work done.

Gregor buys used and vintage guitars.

I would bet anything that HE DID NOT modify the headstock, but bought it that way.

There are clips of him playing a 525 where he stated how much he loved that guitar.

Probably got it cheap off some guy that already had the work done.

Huh, thats a probability I hadn't considered. Hmmm.

I LOVE ICE CREAM!! Hows That? ^_^ Seriously the guitar sounds great regardless of how the headstock looks..

Why would anyone want to have their H150 look like a Les Paul?

I guess I just don't get it!

i don't think there is anything to get, it's just a guitar that someone bought and wanted to look a particular way so he went ahead and did it because that's what he wanted, that's all. We all like different things and I suppose it's those different things that makes the world interesting.

So to recap:

Start a thread about altering the Heritage headstock and HOC members will be up in arms! Go ahead and actually change the headstock to make it look like a Gibson knock off and everyone's like, 'Sweet guitar!'

This place is messed up. ;)

Archived