Heritage Owners Club

NGD...535...it's here!

bolero

wow, shipped monday, arrived today (wednesday) ...amazing!! what a surprise

I'll post pics later, but it's a real nice cherry red 535; some minor bumps & bruises but certainly in better shape than some of my other gtrs

can't wait to plug it in when I get home ;)

trying to figure out the serial, smudged first letter...looks like it starts with an "M", which would make it a 1996

props to the talented builders in Kalamazoo...thx guys/gals!!

Hoooooraaaaaay Booooolerrrrooo!! Woo Hoo! Can relate to your excitement! Cool that you got it so soon, and of course, look forward to the pics.

I know your excitement! I received a new 535 faded cherry 25th anniversary edition from Jay Wolfe last week. Posting photo's would be great but I've not had time to use Photo Bucket. What a fantastic guitar and Jay Wolfe was wonderful to deal with. I could not be happier..... Now I have 2 Heritage guitars, the new 535 and a 575 both are incredible. Good for you! Bulldog

thx guys!

man....I forgot how "fun" it is to swap pickups in a hollowbody....takes a lot of patience & finger dexterity

I guess I knew what I was in for this time so it wasn't too bad: an hour or so, two Kronenburg 1664's and a Creemore Lager later, I had the Throbak's wired in

also swapped a lightweight aluminum tailpiece on

pickups are gold & the rest of the HW is nickel, so I might get some brasso & buff the pups down to nickel

I will say it is a killer sounding gtr though...I daresay even better than my old one. the neck feels better, slightly wider....did they vary the width, E-to-e, of the 535 necks at all?

there was a Randall Wall pickup in the neck, what exactly does he do to these different than the stock Schaller's?

had a few mins to jam out on my 1962 Gibson GA8, that hollowbody is SWEET!!

No doubt, Jon Gundry knows how to wind a pickup. As for what Ren does to the Schallers to make them HRW's --- trade secret. Otherwise, we could all do it. That very ... uh, fun and excitement you mention has been the very thing that has kept me from swapping out pups in my semi's. I don't think I'd have the patience to do that. Good on ya for being able to. :icon_thumright:

just for kicks I had a mic setup in the room while I tried it out...warning, though: little tube amp cranked to snot

http://www.myspace.com/galactagog/

"535 thru GA8"

Hey Bolero!

Heard your clip this morning and it sounded great!! I especially liked the section where you were finger picking the blues. I just got my 535 recently as well - and these are really blues machines!! but of course, can rock out as well as do jazz. I know a lot of guys here hunger for pics of guitars, but I'd almost rather a sound clip. Thanks for posting!

ha, gracias amigos!!

...next time I'll actually figure out something to play, literally plugged it in & started flipping thru the tone/pup selections

plus it was about 2:30am & didn't want to piss off the neighbours

tonight I think I'll really blow the roof off the house, hehe

cheers

had a bit more fun tonight: put a standalone reverb in front of another nasty little amp & messed around, there's a clip up there if anyone's interested

I think I might put a bigsby on this, which is the model that floats, B6? I don't want to drill any holes

cheers

Archived