Heritage Owners Club

NGD Teaser

LK155

Was going to wait until it got here, but decided to post this anyway.

eBay purchase from last Sunday night.

M serial number, described as 'excellent condition'. We'll see.

It'll be exactly 14 years old next Monday.

And speaking of eBay, wow, what a painful experience that was.

There had been one bid on this guitar for a long time, and I waited until only one minute was left before making my first bid.

Had to increase my bid twice more, and won it with 13 seconds left. Likely if the other bidder had had a faster internet connection, or faster fingers, I would have lost out.

There must be a better way.

So here's your teaser pic, from the seller's listing:

H535_10.jpg

Nice touch to have all the signatures on the label, isn't it? Even has Ren's.

I'll do a proper NGD post after I've had a chance to clean it up and take some decent pictures.

And in order to appease Tully, I'll try to add a sound clip then as well. (Got to try to meet Brent's NGD posting standards.)

Yes, the waiting is difficult.

Cheers,

Lyle

It takes paying some dues to figger out what it takes to win on eBay...so don't bitch. Just do what it takes. :biggrin_mini:

Download the eBay countdown program, learn how to use it for your connection speed. Generally I don't toss in a bid until less than six seconds left. But that's because I have a high speed connection. I learned the lag time for a 56k connection in the past and still won two thirds of the time. Only time I get consistently beat is when someone has e-snipe and knowing how to use it competing against my bid. All my 428 transactions are as a buyer. Gots a decent tube, guitar, and amp collection as the result of it for less than 50 cents on te dollar in most cases, including every single Heritage guitar I own...

Ha, Ha, I know the really story & seen the real pics..... Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha,.......

Great catch Lyle.

Everyone is going to love to see pics of your new 125!!!! Tone machine!!!!

The key to ebay is to figure out how high you're willing to go. Put that amount in as your bid. If it goes over that, leave it be. You've already determined what you think it's worth. Don't let the "auction bug" get you. Be fair to the seller and to yourself.

So, it looks like you're getting a TransCherry H535, right? Thats what it says on the label. :icon_thumright:

So, it looks like you're getting a TransCherry H535, right? Thats what it says on the label. :icon_thumright:

Well, I thought that's what I was getting, but Kuz thinks it's a 125. (Isn't that a Gibby?)

Now I'm worried.

I'm sure John knows all kinds of stuff we don't know.

But back to the guitar.....

Maybe this'll help narrow it down.

Another pic from the seller:

H535_02.jpg

Hmmm. Kinda looks like a Heritage.

Only time I get consistently beat is when someone has e-snipe and knowing how to use it competing against my bid.

Nice guitar --red semi's are classics.

Just wondering about the ebay conversation. I've been using esnipe for a while, in fact, it's become the only way that I use ebay other than "buy it now." Cheap if you win, free if you lose, and removes the necessity of watching the bid and therefore the temptation of pushing up the limit that I've set. Is there something I'm missing?

OK, if you insist.

H535_04.jpg

Bear in mind, I don't actually have it in hand yet.

Hope it's really as good as it looks in the pix.

Lyle, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say thats an H535. TransCherry. Whaddya think?

Lyle, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say thats an H535. TransCherry. Whaddya think?

Well, shoot wrong again.....

Maybe.

Hope it's not quite that RED when it arrives.

I mean, seriously, every time I pick it up, people are going to mistake me for Chuck Berry.

Look, even the back's freakin' RED.........

H535_07.jpg

I'll take a stab at it: a double cut Millie. And, by the way, Lyle, it's stunning! : ) !!

Millie? Nope. Translucent cherry H535, just like the label says.

Which appears to mean that it's RED.

Here's proof:

H535_09.jpg

H535_10.jpg

Time to go down the checklist:

Item..............Yes...No

Red...............Y

Heritage Headstock.Y

Semihollow.........Y

Dots...............Y

Rosewood fretboard.Y

Signed label.......Y

Hunmbuckers........Y

Mojo fo' dayz......Y

No doubt about it.. what you got there is a genuine bonafide BLUES machine.

Hope she's as pretty in person as in the pics.

Question for the HOC experts:

What pickups do you reckon are in this one?

Looks like two holes per side for height adjustment, but only one screw.

Does this mean Schallers?

I'm guessing SDs. Either 59s or Seths. I've heard of both being in there. The 3 hole pickup rings would accomodate both.

I'm sure John knows all kinds of stuff we don't know.

But back to the guitar.....

Maybe this'll help narrow it down.

Another pic from the seller:

H535_02.jpg

Hmmm. Kinda looks like a Heritage.

yeah sorta..But, I'm from West Virginia..LOL

When's it coming?

Wish I knew.

The seller provided me with a USPS tracking link.

Latest information is that the package was picked up in Des Moins Tuesday afternoon, and left Chicago at midnight this morning.

Doesn't tell me how it was shipped, when it should arrive, or even where it was going. Probably Toronto (which is about two hours away from me), but I just don't know.

About all I do know at this point is that it's probably somewhere in the northern hemisphere. Maybe.

Likely sitting in a freezing customs warehouse somewhere waiting for clearance, which isn't going to happen because half of Canada is shut down today for Rememberance Day.

My H137 purchase last summer took exactly one week to get to my door from L.A.

I figure I'll have the red beauty next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Archived