Heritage Owners Club

Does Heritage Follow the Forums?

DetroitBlues

I want make the assumption that Heritage does watch the forums. I've wanted a Heritage for some time now. I'm hoping I'll be ordering one in the spring. However, now I have a problem. Gibson announced the 2nd run of the 50's Tribute Les Paul, which was a satin finished dual P-90's Les Paul with trap inlays. I really like the sound and design of that guitar which if it does become available, it may set back my plans of ordering a Heritage....

Do you think we could ask Heritage to bring about their own "Tribute" series that's geared toward the first time or budgeted consumer? Am I asking to much? Should we be bothering Heritage with product suggestions?

My guess is, if you get your specs together, and ask Heritage to make you a 150 w/your specs, you'll get it waaay cheaper than what Gibby would produce - just my guess. I also think it would be better quality.

Out of curiosity, what are the specs & pricing on the 50's Tribute LP that make them different from a LP Standard or H-150? I'm not really familiar with that guitar.

As far as if Heritage follows the HOC Forum, people have alluded to them at least checking it out in some capacity.

As far as a Heritage 50's Tribute . . . I'm not sure what the need would be since you could custom order pretty much whatever you wanted as far as features to match whatever guitar you're coveting. I'm not being snarky, but since they are a custom shop I would have to imagine they'd just ask what you wanted if you called and asked. Price-wise, I'd almost have to imagine the Heritage would cost less as a general rule, and if budget is a concern you could hold out for a used H-150 or even an H-137 with P90's top pop up and still have a nice LP-style guitar (unless you wanted the Maple). For that matter, you can find H-140's for pretty cheap. I'm not sure if they charge less for boring Maple tops that are going to be painted over or anything, but it might be worth inquiring about, and I'm guessing they aren't using AAAAA tops on a budget-conscious Gibson LP so it's not like it'd be a huge downgrade or anything.

Seems like somewhere in the distant past we had a discussion about this..Not sure when, but I think, if Heritage did this, they would probably be produced offshore? Others with more knowledge may probably chime in here..as always your mileage may vary.. :icon_compress:

The Gibson 50's Tribute guitar was priced at $849. Very, very inexpensive. The satin gold top looked awesome.

Yeah, they are interesting... a fun inexpensive Gibson w goldtop and P-90's.

But it is a market that would be almost impossible for Heritage to compete in.

The bodies are made of multiple pieces, sometimes more than 3, and of a lower grade of Mahogany that Heritage doesn't buy. And then machine made, instead of hand crafted. They have a finish that is enamel based spray paint, not lacquer.

Heritage simply doesn't have the operation in place to compete with that, really.

... Not that the Tributes aren't really cool, they are.

But the very limited number of Heritage guitars produced per year aren't really set up to compete with them.

My LP Special TV w/P-90's is a rockin little machine..Now if I can just get my bandmates to understand that P-90's are a bit noisy..(May have to get a noise suppressor of some sort) I love the tone of those pickups though..

One of the benefits of the PSP tours is occasionally you'll get "private" tours. Just so happened that Kuz and I were treated to an extended tour and "indepth" conversation with Mr. Deurloo this past year. Among the topics, which included the Heritage acoustics, and the reasons for the Stat and H127, was the idea of less expensive Heritages - ala, off shore production. It was mentioned that they are approached continuously by the Asian market to produce a Tribute or "entry level" model. And the response has been "thanks, but no thanks". Not going to happen. Again, it's not a market they are currently interested in. They did market the H150P as a less dressed model, but have dropped that one. Plus, I believe the "special" was at one time a less expensive entry model. But for now, no PacRim guitars.

One of the benefits of the PSP tours is occasionally you'll get "private" tours. Just so happened that Kuz and I were treated to an extended tour and "indepth" conversation with Mr. Deurloo this past year. Among the topics, which included the Heritage acoustics, and the reasons for the Stat and H127, was the idea of less expensive Heritages - ala, off shore production. It was mentioned that they are approached continuously by the Asian market to produce a Tribute or "entry level" model. And the response has been "thanks, but no thanks". Not going to happen. Again, it's not a market they are currently interested in. They did market the H150P as a less dressed model, but have dropped that one. Plus, I believe the "special" was at one time a less expensive entry model. But for now, no PacRim guitars.

Hi Tulk,

I'd like to think that the folks at Heritage read some of the content here.What better way to find out what your customers think,and what they want.It's free info ! I'd love to do the PSP tour,so I can see where many of my guitars where made,and maybe talk to some of the builders,throw in some ideas.One of my biggest regrets was driving through Nazareth.P.A. & not knocking on the door of Martin guitars.I couldn't put my wife through a guitar factory tour after a week on W.48th in New York !

Yeah,you guys at Heritage,read what your customers think.I'd be proud of my product reading what's here.Oh,and don't do the far east trip ! :icon_thumleft:

Peter Alton Green.

I think a simple guitar for Heritage to make would be similiar to the Gibson Melody Maker/Les Paul Jr. with a flat slab body and no inlays. Maybe a single P-90 on a flat slab mohagany body with a wrap around tailpiece? I would expect that to be a hit for the entry level Heritage buyer....

I think a simple guitar for Heritage to make would be similiar to the Gibson Melody Maker/Les Paul Jr. with a flat slab body and no inlays. Maybe a single P-90 on a flat slab mohagany body with a wrap around tailpiece? I would expect that to be a hit for the entry level Heritage buyer....

Isn't that an H137?

D-Blues, save your money and something will fall into your lap for about $1300.00. You will feel silly for jonesing for that Gibson.*

* I don't have a guitar to spare but some of the other members do. People, can't you help a brother out?

I know from experience that when you buy something that is not what you really wanted in the first place, your pleasure in owning it is often reduced because you know in your heart that you could have, with a little more patience and waiting, had what you really wanted in the first place.

Having seen the budget end of Gibson guitars in retail outlets here in England, I can tell you that there are Japanese copy's of Les Paul's that are less expensive and far superior. The present LP Special is not anywhere near what it should be.

The guys here have said it all, the guitars coming out of Heritage are the real thing. Even if it means that you have less quantity of guitars (like myself), at least you have the real deal. The H137 is a spanking guitar. Peter Alton Green who has posted in this thread has the most beautiful H140 which would be s superb guitar for you, and in the states they are far less expensive for what we pay for them over here in England. There are a few stunning 140's owned by some of the guys here, take a look in the gallery and you will see for yourself just how good these guitars are.

Just consider how much of the £849 you will be paying for the Gibson name on the headstock will be as opposed to the actual guitar. In the end the choice is yours, but I think, from what you are saying that you will wish you had bought the Heritage at some point in the future.

Heritage DOES follow this forum and certain comments made by a certain member in the "going out of business thread" has raised some eyebrows!!!!

AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY!!!!!!

THINK BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!

you know who you are!!!!!

My LP Special TV w/P-90's is a rockin little machine..Now if I can just get my bandmates to understand that P-90's are a bit noisy..(May have to get a noise suppressor of some sort) I love the tone of those pickups though..

Smurph,

what kind of P90s do you have?

Archived