Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Intrigue....

Cryoman

So...a tad bored and "whiney" tonight... a Wine Red Heritage No. 03205 (at some here undisclosed dealer's website) has a really terrible Gibson style Les Paul pickguard.  It fits poorly.  I assume it's "aftermarket" by this dealer. If I'm wrong and it's Heritage's product, then it's just poor work on the part of Heritage.  Or, perhaps I just like my tolerances "tight." 

Here's "Winey" again - just to remind me of what I think is a tight fit of a pickguard to the guitar. 

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd302/c...ickguard017.jpg

So... the Gibson style pickguard details remain a mystery to me. If Heritage is, in fact, making Gibson style pickguards for their 150 and 157's, they ought to do it well given that they are still copying their rivals' design.  If its a particular Heritage dealer making these "after the fact" - well.....

Whiney & cheers,

Cryoman

No. 06102 - Is that pickup perpendicular to the string line?? (parallel to end of fretboard?)

I heard on another post that Heritage used to use the G word land type pickguard, but G word stopped them due to patent infringement. All the G-type pickguards you see now are aftermarket. I personally think let a Heritage look like a Heritage and a G word look like a G word.

Cryoman I would have to get you to make me one of those MOP guards if I had one like 03205. 

I do wish that you would counter sink the large screw hole in your MOP pickguard a little more.  That's buggin' me.  Your work is too classy to leave it like that.  Young man, you will lose a finger on that thing...... 

High Flying Bird,

Seems my countersink is identical to my Gibsons and other Heritages.  BUT, arguably the screw is wrong and would better be a flathead conical screw vice a conical pan head (just like the larger pickguard screw).  We need to notify Heritage, Fender and Gibson immediately!!!!  I mean NOW!!!

Whether you are a detail stickler like me or just giving me a dose of my own medicine...

Thanks & Cheers,

Cryoman

Ooops! My comment above is for the small screw, not the large one.  The larger one is countersunk below the pickguard surface. Hard to tell from photos perhaps.

Interesting.  My first experience with this whole countersink drilling thing was from Cryoman.  I always wondered how they got those beveled holes made.

Both screw holes were countersunk in Cry's custom pickguard he made for me.  He did the large hole and I did the little one, and both screws fit nicely and flush. 

Here's the finished product.  (sorry for the sun glare) 

width=600 height=399http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7832/heritageh150pearlguard2in2.jpg[/img]

Archived