Heritage Owners Club

Another new 150 owner chiming in...

paul144

width=600 height=450http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL506/2292445/19281588/310068066.jpg[/img]

Just got this last week! I see lots of G owners complain about the Heritage headstock...strap on a Heritage 150, then see if there's any difference in the headstock from a Gibson from your playing view angle. If thats their only complaint, then great, buy your overpriced wood and save these for us!!!

This '02 gold top with HRW pickups sounds amazing. These are incredible values especially if you find a nice pre owned one, which I did... Mine is 9.375 lbs, and you can balance it on your knee with no hands, great weight distribution.

Thanks to Pete (Cryoman) for the free pickguard!

width=360 height=480http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL506/2292445/19281588/310068072.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL506/2292445/19281588/310068073.jpg[/img]

And the headstock is way classier than a Hamer...those remind me of rowboat oars.

width=360 height=480http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL506/2292445/19281588/310068074.jpg[/img]

and the cutaway...is it really different from a Gibson?

width=600 height=450http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL506/2292445/19281588/310068069.jpg[/img]

bottom line, whatever makes you happy!

I did have a '57 RI, and this smokes it in finish, tone & playability, not to mention I paid $800 more for the Gibson and that was 2 years ago.

Beautiful guitar, Paul!  Thanks for the pics.  I have an goldtop LP and a 150 - the cuts are slightly different w/the LP 'longer and slightly sharper' (I've got a pic of some gear posted in another post here where you can see the shape delta some).  Not a big deal, to me.  I've also read some negative comments around the H headstock, but I really like it.  Not only do I like it's tapered shape, which I think is a nice aesthetic, but it's design reduces the angle of the string from nut to pole which would (to me) seem to make engineering sense.  Congrats on the nice 150!

That's a sharp looking guitar you have there. 

I like the headstock design too.  I think it looks good and is more efficient than a Gibson's.

And the headstock is way classier than a Hamer...those remind me of rowboat oars.

I own two Hamers and I couldn't describe the headstock if I had to right now.  :o  OK, I just went and looked at my online gallery (hey, the guitars are in cases!).  The Hamer headstock really isn't that much different than a Heritage headstock.  Maybe more "full." 

bottom line, whatever makes you happy!

+1 karma for possessing common sense!

Welcome to the Club!

I did have a '57 RI, and this smokes it in finish, tone & playability, not to mention I paid $800 more for the Gibson and that was 2 years ago.

Wellcome to the club, paul144 - thanks for the pictures, lovely goldtop, you got there.

I own two Hamers and I couldn't describe the headstock if I had to right now.  :o  OK, I just went and looked at my online gallery (hey, the guitars are in cases!).  The Hamer headstock really isn't that much different than a Heritage headstock.  Maybe more "full." 

Agreed, the Hamer headstock is not that far from the Heritage. But then again, looking at my piano black Hamer hanging on the wall -  and I get the picture, all though I think this guitar has one of the most well thought designs.  8)

I've seen, that some do not like the Heritage's headstock - I think it's one of the most stylish and classic headstock I've ever seen, nicely shown at the pictures in your thread.

Nice !!!! Beautiful finish and I'm sure it looks even better than the pics. I too like the headstock Heritage uses. All diehard Gilson fans will dis the small headstock design but if you ask the same crowd which Fender headstock they prefer, it's always the smaller one !! I guess it's all in the name of tradition. Hey if it's tradition you want to pay more for, well then go ahead !!

Love the goldtop! Congrats. I gotta get me one of those.  ;D

The headstock never bothered me. I figure the haters latch onto it because it's the one aspect of a Heritage that differs from a Gibson at a glance.

Hi Paul ...

Nice guitar and nice pics too, the pickguard looks good with the goldtop finish.

As others have mentioned posting around the HOC often leads to chronic GAS.

I've got three in less than six months, others are up to six  :o :o :o in half that time, (you know who you are  ;)).

thanks again everyone. Hey, Fender fans all hate the G&L headstock, and they make great guitars too. Their loss!

+1 on that ... probably why I've got a Heritage and a G&L ...  :) 8)

btw, that is a nice lookin' gold-top ;D

Archived