Heritage Owners Club

Recomendations needed for Distortion or OD pedals..

Hfan

Funny thing is, those cheap little Bad Monkey's do in fact rock!

Here is kind of a neat little Pedal Comparing shoot out site: Not sure how much this might help since there are so many different factors that come into play that these clips can't account for... but it's still fun to play with

Old Tone Zone

Cheap and rocking is a good thing. I am not gigging or recording, just playing around at home.

I did buy a Digitech multieffects pedal on CL a while back, think I got it for $40. Having some fun with it. Has all the effects I never used before Chorus, Delay,many others as well as an amp and amp cabinet modeler. The thing even has a drum machine, pretty amazing although I'm sure the effects don't compare to the individual pedals out there.

Cheap and rocking is a good thing. I am not gigging or recording, just playing around at home.

I did buy a Digitech multieffects pedal on CL a while back, think I got it for $40. Having some fun with it. Has all the effects I never used before Chorus, Delay,many others as well as an amp and amp cabinet modeler. The thing even has a drum machine, pretty amazing although I'm sure the effects don't compare to the individual pedals out there.

The Bad Monkey and the Jaques over tube are very similar pedals.

Hi,

You definitely do not want an OD pedal with a Twin try to play at low volumes. I would suggest trying one of these:

Blackstone Appliances Website

This uses a cascade of MOSFETs in series to create its overdriven sound and soes not rely on your amp. The approach is of course an attenuator.

Good Luck,

Bob

Hi guys, been reading the Fender amp thread, brings a question to mind.

I've got an old Twin Reverb that currently only gets played at home. Anyone care to weigh in on pedals to help me get a decent OD tone at low volumes? last thing I want to do is wake the wife or kids (luckily all heavy sleepers) during my alone / guitar time. I'm mainly into blues or vintage tones but wouldn't mind the capability of heavier tones as well (hope that's not too vague). I have a Jaques Overtube pedal (doesen't get me what I'm looking for) so I am thinking a distortion pedal may be in order. There is a guy in town with a Marshall Guvnor for sale on CL but I hear these may be better for heavier / metal tones.

Heard one guy playing out recently who got good tone with a Boss Fender Deluxe pedal. Would this get me in the ball park with a Twin at low volumes? The thing isn't exactly easily portable to bring to the music store for pedal testing.

Kind of out of the loop on current technology, played electric back in the 70's then quit and only played occasional acoustic until several years ago. Any recommendations appreciated.

If you're going the blues route, go visit oldtonezone.com. He is a blues player that has a pedal comparinator application set up so you can listen to a bunch of different OD pedals and decide for yourself.

Thanks,

Very cool site will check out the pedal comparator when time allows. He goes into attenuators as well, something I haven't considered.

Lots of other great stuff there as well including a section on Bill M's Blues Jr mods. I've done most of them to mine (my other amp besides my Twin). Had to reinstall the original output xformer though after I smoked the new one, think due to the damn ribbon cables getting stressed, installed straight wires to replace them. Sorry I digress.

Highly recommend that site.

• 2 weeks later...

Love my BK Butler Tube Driver...but, now I'm also taking a serious look at either the Hermida Zendrive or the Tiki Drive...both get fantastic reviews.

Archived