Heritage Owners Club

A storm is coming to Germany

Guido

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The former. If you're going almond, you've got to stick one or two extra letters in there-- AL or ALM.

Sorry my fault! I didn't look up the finish codes at the Heritage HP.

The seller claims it to be Almond Sunburst - ALSB.

But it could also be Chestnut Sunburst - CNSB.

I will have a look in the control cavity and let you all know.

Sorry my fault! I didn't look up the finish codes at the Heritage HP.

The seller claims it to be Almond Sunburst - ALSB.

But it could also be Chestnut Sunburst - CNSB.

I will have a look in the control cavity and let you all know.

Either way you're a winner.

Thanks to everybody for the really nice comments!

I really can't wait to see this guitar in front of me in "normal" daylight.

I just checked Jay Wolfes site to compare some finishes.

I am not sure if it's ALSB, but I now think it's definitely not CNSB.

I saw some H150s at Jays site in Vintage Wine Burst (never heard of that one before) and that finish does seem to match my guitar.

Hopefully in one or two days we all know!

First of all many thanks for the really nice comments!

I saw some H150s at Jays site in Vintage Wine Burst (never heard of that one before) and that finish does seem to match my guitar.

Thanks to everybody for the really nice comments!

You can't really tell which burst you've got until it's in full spectrum light. Keep in mind that there can be variability within a finish. Not all burnt ambers, VSBs and ALSBs look the same. One of my ambers was intentionally extra browned (no, not fried) and my most recent VSB is more amber than usual as part of a batch order that way.

Also, the control cavity plate can rarely mislead. I know of only one instance where the finish label didn't match the finish. Since it was a used guitar, the plates may have been switched after leaving Heritage.

This stuff is more complicated than one would expect. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

First of all many thanks for the really nice comments!

Vintage Wine Burst was introduced back in 2008. Marv is a wino aficionado and wanted to create a finish inspired by his wines. At PSPI we got to see the prototype H150 VWB. Jon Gundry and I even got to play it. It is quite the color in person. Like a mix of Dark ALSB and OSB with some deep maroon thrown in. (ha, like I'd know for sure --- i'm color blind). But that is what it reminds me of. Whatever your guitar finish turns out to be, it looks to be quite the Storm Bringer!

Vintage Wine Burst was introduced back in 2008. Marv is a wino aficionado and wanted to create a finish inspired by his wines. At PSPI we got to see the prototype H150 VWB. Jon Gundry and I even got to play it. It is quite the color in person. Like a mix of Dark ALSB and OSB with some deep maroon thrown in. (ha, like I'd know for sure --- i'm color blind). But that is what it reminds me of. Whatever your guitar finish turns out to be, it looks to be quite the Storm Bringer!

Interesting! Thanks a lot for the info.

So it's truly an unique Heritage color.

At Jays site I noticed that a lot of the Heritages have CTS pots and Sprague caps.

Are these only for the 25th Anniversary models and Jays special orders or are these electronics standard now?

Now "The Storm" is definitely heading my way!

1.jpg

Finally got my internet back up to speed and can load pics, clips and stuff and finally see what this topics about.

Great looking finish on this guitar. Stunning.

Finally "The Storm" is coming closer.

I can see the winds blowing over the top.

Lightning is a SD '59 in the neck and thunder is a SD JB in the bridge (would be really great!).

At least according to the seller. But he is not very familiar with Heritages, so I guess I better prepare for two SD '59er pups.

6.jpg

I hope "The Storm" turns not into a blizzard!

The guitar should have been delivered today. But we were not at home and the driver didn't bother to leave it at the neighbors.

So I phoned the delivering company and they told me that it's gonna be delivered again tomorrow.

I told them to deposit it at the local company station and that I will pick it up because my wife and I are at work during the day.

So far no problem.

I asked if the guitar stays in the van because we have freezing temperatures at night and you all know how nitro can react.

Well they told me that it doesn't matter 'cause the guitar was the whole weekend in the van!!!

We had 10°F this night. Actually I'm a little bit worried now.

I guess I will see tomorrow if the finish is still ok or if it cracked.

Have I already mentioned that I have no patience at all?! This night I will get no sleep.

I believe that it's the rate of change in temperature that's important.

Yep, a weekend in the cold shouldn't hurt that guitar. Unless it's exposed to a sudden temperature change. Over the NYEve we left our instruments in the trailer while we slept off the gig. They were out there nearly 24hrs in freezing temps. Just made sure they cases weren't opened until that Sunday. Gigged them all this past weekend with no problems.

Have I already mentioned that I have no patience at all?! This night I will get no sleep.

Guido, you'll just have to exercise restraint! Don't open that baby until it's completely warmed to it's new location. Otherwise, the Storm may it's own lightening strikes thru the finish. Hey ...... that might look cool.

after you get the guitar, definitely let it sit in the box for a day. Then take the CASE out of the box and let it sit another day. Only after that should you open the case. You don't want to risk an instantaneous "relic" job on your finish. Also you avoid condensing moisture all over the thing.

Archived