Heritage Owners Club

Hayseed 30 Amp

jmac

Not me... but I had to post a reply to this thread as means of curving my temptation to join in on the 3db discussion ;)

I did a little bit of searching on them though... seems like a great amp and very well built. Essentially a clone of and/or their take on the Ac30

kbp810, thanks. I know you know your amps.. Would you consider the Matchless DC 30 a clone or variation of the AC 30? I was thinking about buying a Ceriatone Dizzy 30 but this Hayseed popped up? Can't decide..

The DC30 is a variation; the major differences (that I can recall off the top of my head at least) are master volume control, pentode/triode mode switch (i.e. "half power" switch), and a switch that changes the phase of the speakers.

I just took a peak at the Dizzy30 layout and it looks like it's pretty true to the DC30 setup.

Great amp very much an AC15 3D and harmonic great value too. Loves P90.

Two actual channels however you select Ef86 normal or Ef86 top boost or 12ax7 normal with the first.

The second is only 12ax7 top boast. High and low inputs for each so you can jump into EF86 (normal or TB) and 12ax7 TB or normal and top boost 12ax7. Very good tremolo. The master volume allows you to drive the gain at low levels. You select the hardware and coverings.

Played it side by side with a Chimey Limey... wide open the Nolatone wins on harmonic and 3d we felt if the rear pannel were thicker the Hayseed would have scored higher. Hayseed was less money and had more options. To be fair Rob makes the best vintage sounding AC15 or 30 while Paul goes for more 3D and Harmonic content than the original.

Not me... but I had to post a reply to this thread as means of curving my temptation to join in on the 3db discussion ;)

I did a little bit of searching on them though... seems like a great amp and very well built. Essentially a clone of and/or their take on the Ac30

Rates up there as one of my dumbest ass posts or threads. I was out side mulching the gardens this morning and started cracking up laughing about it.

As for the Hayseed 30, I also know nothing about them either.

hahaha, nice one

sorta related I guess:

I had a DC30 clone ceriatone for a while, as well as two AC30 CC2's...one with blues & one with wharfedales

the DC30 is basically an AC30, with both the EF86 channel & the 12AX7 channel...sounds *great*, mismatched speakers help make them 3D ( I think G12H30 w/V30 was stock on them? ) I had a wharfedale + weber C12N

the CC2's are great amps as well, very versatile & fantastic cleans, reverb, and trem; if I needed one amp I could live with one of these. a third I owned was modded by Lyle Cadwell, with a mercury magnetics OT installed

I sold them all, but thoroughly enjoyed the time I had with them

the DC30 fared extremely well against a real '64 AC30 when we did a shootout

*edit* hayseed has a very good reputation, but I've never used one

Archived