Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Pawn Shop find, well....

brentrocks

I was in Kalamazoo for work today and there is this pawn shop on Westnedge Ave I always stop at when i am in the neighborhood. Typicaly, they have a pretty big guitar selection. So i walk in, ask them if they have any Heritages, he said no.

I walk around looking at the tools, etc....find a killer deal XT2 wireless system!!!

Take it up to the counter trying to haggle with the owner on the price, and out of the corner of my eye i see the Heritage logo on a case....

I ask about it, he says, oh yeah we just took this in...its a KOREAN MADE HERITAGE.

Open up the case and sure enough, on the back of the headstock, MADE IN KOREA FOR HERITAGE GUITARS....its a C 1986. it like a H 150, plaintop, kinda beatup...but these are very rare. I think, if i remeber right, there were a few of these made as an experiment to try to produce a cheaper line for entry level players?

I didnt buy it.

Check ebay in the comming days....it had a stress crack near the heel, and it doesnt have the H logo on the headstock.

Kuz and I got the scoope` on these last PSP (is that the thread, Fred?). Heritage didn't order them, didn't commission them. Cort, Samick, yada yada, just make them, send them to the boys in hopes they'll consider letting them make Off Shore guitars for them. According to Jim, they're not interested.

When this subject last came up , there was a bit of a dispute as to if Heritage asked them to make these or they just made them and sent to Heritage examples to try and sell them.

Korean Heritage thread>>>>>>>>>>

Possibly made by Cort..?

Korea%20Heritage.jpg

I don't care if it says Gibson on the peg head. If it wasn't made in Kalamazoo, it's not a Gibson.

I stand behind my original statement: If it's mot made in Kalamazoo, it's not a Heritage.

I don't care if it says Gibson on the peg head. If it wasn't made in Kalamazoo, it's not a Gibson.

I stand behind my original statement: If it's mot made in Kalamazoo, it's not a Heritage.

Don't think anyone here is disputing that. In fact, Jim just kinda shook his head, mentioned they get them all the time like that. Some they give away to employees. Some they return. Others they trash. They certainly don't consider them Heritages.

Brent, perhaps you could rile up the faithful a little less next time, like, I dunno, maybe posting pics of your new Heritage with a Gibson headstock, or something like that!! haha. It's interesting to see, and, like they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! (something like that.) :wacko_mini2:

Kuz and I got the scoope` on these last PSP (is that the thread, Fred?). Heritage didn't order them, didn't commission them. Cort, Samick, yada yada, just make them, send them to the boys in hopes they'll consider letting them make Off Shore guitars for them. According to Jim, they're not interested.

Lance, Steiner and myself axed Marv about these copies about the same time you and Kuz were hitting up Jim. I could tell he wanted to crawl into his ass and disappear to keep from having to talk about them but he gave us the scoop anyway. According to Marv the copies went to a trade show and nobody asked about them so they dropped the idea which they didn't really care for in the first place.

I hope I didn't piss off Marv he might have sold me a Cort 357/Firebird.... Ahhh!!

You passed up buying a guitar?

Best wishes. I hope you're feeling better soon.

My money says he did buy it and by this time it has been stripped and refinished in the silver burst Brent is so fond of. Of course I would never suspect Brent would sell it.... but his dad?

LOVE the passion GAM!!!!!

You are dead on right, damn right I say!!!!!

ALSO I verify everything TULK says..... Right or wrong that is what Jim said.

My money says he did buy it and by this time it has been stripped and refinished in the silver burst Brent is so fond of. Of course I would never suspect Brent would sell it.... but his dad?

Ron, you crack me up!!!!

At $250....i really thought about it....just for a collector piece.

This just in... Heritage DID make Korean guitars, and I have PROOF!! Why, just look at this stunning example currently on EBAY;

http://cgi.ebay.com/HERITAGE-ACCOUSTIC-GUITAR-/260721719052?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cb439b70c

I almost pulled the trigger, as it looked so much like the Kalamazoo acoustics I have seen, but something just wasn't right.... :icon_biggrin:

This just in... Heritage DID make Korean guitars, and I have PROOF!! Why, just look at this stunning example currently on EBAY;

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3cb439b70c

I almost pulled the trigger, as it looked so much like the Kalamazoo acoustics I have seen, but something just wasn't right.... :icon_biggrin:

I like the headstock.

You is a hard man.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HERITAGE-ACCOUSTIC-GUITAR-/260721719052?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cb439b70c

Always been interested in a H acoustic, but in this case I can't stand the headstock...

Hey Brent...where on Westnedge is this place? I usually stop by Tremolo every now and then, but I wouldn't mind a good pawn shop to check out (next time I'm in K'zoo)....

Hey Brent...where on Westnedge is this place? I usually stop by Tremolo every now and then, but I wouldn't mind a good pawn shop to check out (next time I'm in K'zoo)....

if you are getting off I 94...head twards downtown on westnedge. once you go past Kilgore, there is a light about another 1/2 mile...the pawn shop is on the left at that light...TnT Pawn shop

if you are getting off I 94...head twards downtown on westnedge. once you go past Kilgore, there is a light about another 1/2 mile...the pawn shop is on the left at that light...TnT Pawn shop

Thanks!

Archived