Heritage Owners Club

"The Storm" is just a gentle breeze

Guido

Ok fellas here's the latest news!

I just phoned with Heritage and they told me that Vince Margol is coming back tomorrow morning

and that he will take care of it.

So it looks like it's coming to a good end.

I didn't ship the guitar yet, because I haven't heard anything from the so called "authorized" Heritage dealer.

If I ship it, he has the guitar and my money! That can't be a good thing right now.

I payed via paypal and also started an inquiry using the paypal customer service.

So lets see what Vince Margol has to say tomorrow.

I'll keep you updated!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok fellas here's the latest news!

I just phoned with Heritage and they told me that Vince Margol is coming back tomorrow morning

and that he will take care of it.

So it looks like it's coming to a good end.

I didn't ship the guitar yet, because I haven't heard anything from the so called "authorized" Heritage dealer.

If I ship it, he has the guitar and my money! That can't be a good thing right now.

I payed via paypal and also started an inquiry using the paypal customer service.

So lets see what Vince Margol has to say tomorrow.

I'll keep you updated!

That's a good thing to do with PayPal. That should hold payment until this is resolved. It doesn't mean you're out of the woods, but you've got some positive signs. Yeah!

The Jayce is right....this is not the place for voicing your displeasure with a purchase. Eventhought we feel your pain, the dealer and the factory are where your gripes should be placed.

I disagree.

If not here, then where? I am very high on Heritage. In my experience, they've been great. However, we should be frank about their shortcomings as well as their accomplishments. If this turned into nothing more than a place to pat Heritage on the back blind to their human limitations, I'd leave. I'm here because, despite the occasional shortcoming, overall they have been great to me. They have also apparently admitted past problems in QC and fixed them. I'd like to think that means they want to be the best they can, part of which means hearing the problems that although infrequent will happen, and then work to correct them. This also gives them a chance to correct a wrong, "them" being the factory AND the dealer.

Personally, I want to hear the whole truth. That includes the slew of happy endings wherein satisfied customers get great Heritage guitars and chat about it here. It also includes the occasional slip up. And in this case, it also hopefully ends with the factory a/o dealer doing the right thing, the customer getting a great guitar, and us able to point to how the guys & gals at Heritage do it the right way. Sure, it demonstrates they're human and mistakes can & will happen. It would also show them doing what is right and being just as standup as we all say they are. That is sincere and an honest depiction of them, and what I think we can wholeheartedly tell people about. To somehow not allow people to truthfully and openly discuss the good and the bad (based on actual, pictorial evidence in this case, not hearsay, speculation, or rumors) amounts almost to false hero worship.

And Guido, whatever happens, I hope you give Heritage another chance. It sounds like you've already had one and are high on them. I think they are great and ultimately, I'd imagine they can hook you up with a good guitar and you end up being a great cheerleader because you were done right.

Grinding a subjective axe in public, just because you want an audience for your yowling? Never a good idea! At your wit's end because, objectively, you have a case to plead and don't know where to go, nor what to do for remedy? If not here, then where? The HOC is a powerful place, I think. Part of that power lies in the HOC's ability to provide Heritage with a transparency which, although at times a harsh light, ultimately affords the company the opportunity to improve its product and service. How's that a bad thing? Watch where this unpleasant episode winds up for Guido, and I'll bet the resolution will be, at least, as satisfactory as anyone might reasonably hope for. And Kudos to Brent for acting as a liaison for Guido. How many other manufacturers have cultivated that kind of relationship with its customers?

So the dealer finally responded. He was also at NAMM at that was the reason he didn't reply.

He was very nice. He assured that he didn't mess with the guitar and I can sent the guitar back with full refund.

Remember the time difference and know a response is coming.

Ditto.

Probably not what you want to hear, but I'd just be patient. With the holiday, Vince being in LA, and them JUST hearing about this, not to mention the time zone difference, and who knows what might have piled up, I'd give them a bit more time to get back to you. At this point, the dealer offered a full refund, so there is really nothing saying you couldn't just get your money back. On the other hand, at this point after everything you've gone through to contact them I think it would be worthwhile just to get the call/email/whatever from Vince (or whomever) and see what they say.

I haven't heard anything yet from Heritage. Shall I wait?

can't hurt to wait a little. since the dealer & the H guys were all at NAMM, they may have figured out something that your dealer will pass along to you next time you talk to him...

I would think that Heritage would cover the warranty with your luthier. Couldn't help to ask. Or perhaps they have an authorized repair they use in Germany. Here's another thought. You might have whomever repairs your guitar to pull the pickups and verify you have what the label says. That is not a typical Heritage soldering job, from what I can see. Looks .... messed with.

+1 on that.

My guess is that Heritage would rather keep it simple and have it repaired by a qualified luthier locally.

I would think that Heritage would cover the warranty with your luthier. Couldn't help to ask. Or perhaps they have an authorized repair they use in Germany. Here's another thought. You might have whomever repairs your guitar to pull the pickups and verify you have what the label says. That is not a typical Heritage soldering job, from what I can see. Looks .... messed with.

+1 on that.

My guess is that Heritage would rather keep it simple and have it repaired by a qualified luthier locally.

Ok here's what's going to happen:

the guitar will go back for a full refund!

I played the guitar yesterday again and it sounds really really nice.

Some things are special: ebony fretboard, SD Jazz in the bridge.

But I just don't have a good feeling keeping this beauty. So it has to go.

I'm sure I'll find another great H150 out there.

By the way the dealer offered me 100€ discount and is really very nice.

He assured me that he is an authorized dealer and didn't mess with the guitar.

So far I haven't heared anything from Heritage, but I will write an email and tell them,

that the guitar is going back.

I am still surprised and overwhelmed by the many responses and views "The Storm" and this topic got.

So many many thanks to all of you and a special thanks to the guys who offered their help.

I am still a huge Heritage enthusiastic and proud to be part of this wonderful family here.

"Once Heritage, always Heritage!"

Guido

Guest HRB853370

But I just don't have a good feeling keeping this beauty. So it has to go.

I'm sure I'll find another great H150 out there.

He assured me that he is an authorized dealer and didn't mess with the guitar.

So far I haven't heared anything from Heritage, but I will write an email and tell them,

that the guitar is going back.

I am still surprised and overwhelmed by the many responses and views "The Storm" and this topic got.

So many many thanks to all of you and a special thanks to the guys who offered their help.

I am still a huge Heritage enthusiastic and proud to be part of this wonderful family here.

"Once Heritage, always Heritage!"

Guido

Guido, sounds like the "Storm Story" is about to be closed into out history books. Glad the resolution is to your satisfaction. This whole event sounds like an anomaly of sorts, something that most likely rarely happens, but because of the closely knit Heritage community we have here, it gets magnified greatly. I wonder how many Les Pauls get shipped to dealers with defects that NOBODY ever hears about because of their mass production and multitude of dealers selling them! Good luck in your search for the "Storm 2"!

Guido

Are you sure it's an ebony fretboard? I see a lot of medium brown in it.

My opinion is that 100€ refund is very low ball. That's less than 7% of your purchase price at today's exchange rate.

I would send it back simply on principle. I would not tolerate my dealer making that much profit off of me with a guitar I was disappointed with.

Unless the import duties are substantial, which would surprise me, your dealer talks nice but does not act nice.

<snip snip>. I wonder how many Les Pauls get shipped to dealers with defects that NOBODY ever hears about because of their mass production and multitude of dealers selling them!

When our local MnP was a Gibs dealer he told me their reject rate was over 50% on the stock LPs. Some of the other models (Semi's, Customs) had a much better "keep" rate. And the Epi's returns were only about 10% to 20%. He hasn't told me what his Heritage reject rate is, yet. They've only had about 15 go thru the shop since they picked them up this past Summer.

^^^^^ This. A few years ago I got a Les Paul Custom new (online) with horrible inlay work on the headstock. Purely cosmetic, and the price was reduced to reflect that. I was shocked at how it presented for the the price from the factory. After getting it well set up it played great, so I kept it at the discounted price. Now, several years later, it has enough play wear that none of that matters. I tend to play my guitars hard...I just don't have the temperament for 'collecting only'...have to play them with gusto...and beer! But yeah, if I was to buy another Gibby, it'd have to be in person so that I would know the build quality before I bought.

I've never seen the back of the Centurian's headstock. Is it true that it's a 2nd?

:icon_compress:

Now there's some blasphemy!

For those of you who don't know, the Centurian is the El Dorado of Heritages. Only one was made.

For those of you who haven't heard of El Dorado, it's not just a car. El Dorado is also sometimes used as a metaphor to represent an ultimate prize or "Holy Grail" that one might spend one's life seeking.

cadillac_eldorado_biarritz_59.jpgCadillac-Eldorado-Brougham.jpg

Archived