Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Tour took a weird turn

skydog

I went to the Heritage Plant to pick up my 150 getting refinished. They searched for over 2 hours for it, all the while entertaining me with anecdotes, a mini tour, and a few improvisations on some new guitars. When I overheard a workman tell the guys giving me the tour that the guitar was lost, I really started to panic. After another 2 hour search proved to be unfruitful they told me what had happened. Just then another fellow came in and proudly said he'd found the guitar. We went to make sure and it proved not to be mine. Now I was really getting worried. The guitar he'd found was very similar but different, and in an out of the way part of the plant that was being remodeled. Just then one of the guys tearing down some partition walls yelled that he'd found a guitar. Seems it had been placed in the wall years ago. I glanced at the serial number and noticed it started with a "9" and then a space. I couldn't make out the rest. I was then asked to wait in the lobby while they decided what to do about my missing guitar. Several minutes later they came in and offered me the guitar found in the wall as a replacement for my missing guitar. Of course I said yes. I was heading out the door when the alarm clock went off. What a dream. Happy April Fools Day fellas!

Archived