Heritage Owners Club

new amp day

big bob

Well the sound city 120 finally got here. I have only been able to test it through a 1 x 12 100 watt marshall cab. Sounds great. On start up she hums real loud, 11 tubes and all, but once the guitar is plugged in and playing sounds great, very articulate, great clean sound, crisp at high volumes. I was skeptical but when they say takes effects (boxes) well they were dead on. My old 80's dano fabtone and dan echo actually sound good, real good. I only played for a short time as it's late and the wife and kids are about. the triple mini 170 sounded ok, sorta muddy, will need to mess with the controls more, however the triple single 150 sounded fantastic, very pink floyd clean and chimney, as did the twin bucker home build. can't wait to crank her up..

Took a look inside, she has four fat boy usa made rca el34's one mullard euro (skinny)el34 and one made in china euro style (skinny) rca el 34. The partridge transformers are all original. the only replacement parts I can see is one of the power tube sockets is different than the others. one I can figure out how to discharge her I plan to pull her out of the cab and check the rest..

This is soooooooooooooooooooooooo Cool..

I'd love to hear that one. It sounds like a blast to rock some tunes on.

And, as good as it sounds through the 1x12, this thing begs for a 4x12... or two.. that would move some serious air.

My Gawd.. the power.

All in due time my friend, all in due time.. I still need to clean her up ...

my bad mars, one is missing, and one appears to be homemade. any source for new ones..

Sometimes you can snag a good deal on a lot of shields on ebay... otherwise, good ol' tubedepot - $0.95 a piece

...if you just want one or two though, shoot me a PM; I have a couple of spares I can send your way

Tube Depot

Hey Brian, I'm wanting to clean the dust and oxidization off the top and sides of the chassie , would a small amount of wd40 and a tooth brush be safe.

I'm not sure on the WD40... it can leave an oily film behind that could be troublesome.

I generally just use 0000 steel wool

...but then again, everyone knows that rust improves tone by at least 23%!

I was skeptical but when they say takes effects (boxes) well they were dead on. My old 80's dano fabtone and dan echo actually sound good, real good.This is soooooooooooooooooooooooo Cool..

I've heard that real good amps make even crappy guitars sound great! Congrats on the new amp!

I don't tend to name gear... but this might be the exception..

Oh and The Beast fits quite well.

LOL.. :icon_thumright:

That wiring is amazing. It's sort of geeky but I like to see that inside an amp.

Well done on your new acquisition, hope she sounds as you hope through the new cab you're putting together.

Hey Big Bog! Does everything you do turn out BIG!

Nice ampuisition!

Go NADs, Gonads!

Archived