Heritage Owners Club

H-150 mod questions

NoNameBand

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you do coil split on the Sheptones? I love their vintage PAF sound.

No I did not. I personally don't like the weak signal from a split pup. When ever I have tried to use it, the signal falls off too much going from full humbucker to split coil. I have a couple of guitars with split coils and have never been impressed. The only exception is the "unbucker" by Lindy Fralin with one coil wound to single coil specs designed for coil splits. The issue here is, they hum more than a humbucker, less than a traditional single coil.

I also love the ShepTones and am grateful for your input about them. I'm glad I did it.

Beautiful top on that, Mark - nice grain. This is the guitar you've been dreaming of for a long time and you made it happen. Bravo! Looking forward to seeing it at PSP IV. (I can't spank it as I'm a lefty - but can listen to others do so). ; )

Beautiful top on that, Mark - nice grain. This is the guitar you've been dreaming of for a long time and you made it happen. Bravo! Looking forward to seeing it at PSP IV. (I can't spank it as I'm a lefty - but can listen to others do so). ; )

"(I can't spank it as I'm a lefty - but can listen to others do so)"

That just doesn't seem fair. Thanks for the kind words.

Archived