Heritage Owners Club

This new Gold Top is a monster!

pegleg32

I recently received the Gold Top with Fralin P-90's that Brent had for sale. This guitar is a monster, it is head and shoulders above my other 150 and LP. In fact the LP is going on Ebay, I don't need it anymore.

I recorded a sound comparison for a friend and thought I would share with you guys. Please forgive me for all the mistakes, I wasn't trying to be careful. I layed down a short version of Whipping Post where I recorded the rhythm for all three guitars using the goldtop. I then recorded over the top of that using the same settings and amp for each guitar:

WP1 - Gold Top 150

WP2 - H150 W/Z90 pickups

WP3 - 2008 Gibby LP

I can honestly say that, other then the 535 which is a horse of a completely different color, this is the best guitar I have ever owned. Oh, and it is also heavier than any guitar I have owned - LOL.

I have been Jonesing for one of these babies for a long time, and now I'm sorry I waited so long, but happy I didn't wait any longer.

And I approve of this message...!!!!

webedit-2129.jpg

Now go rock on!!!

Hey John, that GT of yours sure is a beauty!! I gotta get me one of those white rings that go around the switch, any suggestions?

Hi Don, liked the comparisons you did, great playing! I also liked the 'Traveling Blues' tune you did which uses the same rhythm line, speeded up a little, as the tune we collaborated on. Nice 150 too!

I've got a spare 'poker chip' in cream if you'd like it. You know my email address so send me your address and I'll put it in the post.

Gold top and cream soap bars, fantastic looking guitar, no doubt wonderful sounding also, another one for the wish list, which seems to get longer everytime I come here.

Archived