Heritage Owners Club

Every try one of these?

here's zee official boss demo for this pedal. I gotta admit, it sounds pretty cool. Though, my guitar teacher would tear that guy a new one for wagging his hand all over and for putting his thumb around like that.

Sounds like your teacher is very formal and never watched a blues guitarist wail...

Sounds like your teacher is very formal and never watched a blues guitarist wail...

Not really... Berklee trained and shreds like a mofo. But he's also dealt with tendonitis and the like. My previous teacher was a Jazz Studies doctoral candidate bass player who had studied guitar for a while, and he was the same way. Flappy picking hand = wasted energy and motion, putting more stress on the wrist and ultimately making it harder to speed pick due to the extra inertia. Thumb over the bottom of the neck all the time = bad angle for the wrist. if you need it to get a low note, it's ok, but having the thumb on the back of the neck is the "proper" way, but it definitely has also helped with my own fatigue issues playing. It's one of the reasons I started taking lessons in the first place: to clean up my sloppy technique.

I just bought one of these today, I'll be waiting for it to show up to my front door. It seems most of the HOC members are Jazz or otherwise clean tone players. This breaks away from that notion I hope! But I'd like to hear anyone's opinion on one of these.

BossST2PowerStackDistortionPedal.jpg

I used to own a Boss Power Driver pedal. It was supposed to do the same thing as this - i.e. make your clean amp sound like a stack at low volume levels - but it was a bit of a fuzz box with a slightly unpleasant and raspy tone. I had it modded which helped a bit but eventually it ended up on e-Bay, as I never used it.

post-2065-0-71847800-1300032387_thumb.jpg

Archived