Heritage Owners Club

Every try one of these?

I just bought one of these today, I'll be waiting for it to show up to my front door. It seems most of the HOC members are Jazz or otherwise clean tone players. This breaks away from that notion I hope! But I'd like to hear anyone's opinion on one of these.

BossST2PowerStackDistortionPedal.jpg

Guest HRB853370

I just bought one of these today, I'll be waiting for it to show up to my front door. It seems most of the HOC members are Jazz or otherwise clean tone players. This breaks away from that notion I hope! But I'd like to hear anyone's opinion on one of these.

Never heard of that mofo or what it can do.

... love the pristine cleans I get from this baby !

DSCF0807.jpg

( sarcasm alert ! ) ;)

Looks like an interesting pedal, is its main function as a tone shaper / eq tweaker ?

I own an occasionally use a Boss OD3. play some dirty guitar with classic rock, I can't play Jazz and the only time I play clean is when playing some rhythm or music that just needs a clean sound. Boss products are generally pretty good. Heritage guitars are storming for playing classic rock.

Tsk tsk tsk! Such generalizations. :director: HoC is a bunch of jazz'er'ers. .......................... Not!!!! That must be the big box connection. They are kinda cool guitars!

Just read about the PowerStack the other day. It probably has it place. But I'm going lump it in with the Deluxe, '59 Bassman, Eric Clapton and all the other "modeling" pedals from BOSS. In the right situation it'll probably sound good. But I have to wonder what it can do that some other nice OD/Dist can't do.

Tsk tsk tsk! Such generalizations. :director: HoC is a bunch of jazz'er'ers. .......................... Not!!!! That must be the big box connection. They are kinda cool guitars!

Just read about the PowerStack the other day. It probably has it place. But I'm going lump it in with the Deluxe, '59 Bassman, Eric Clapton and all the other "modeling" pedals from BOSS. In the right situation it'll probably sound good. But I have to wonder what it can do that some other nice OD/Dist can't do.

My 575 was meant for rock!!! :headbang:

The purpose of the pedal is to take a clean tone amp and make it go from crunch, rock, to all out frontal assalt without having to crank the volume on the amp. Basically give you big full stack tone at a bedroom level.... I've watched a couple youtube vids and think its a great pedal for what I'm looking for. While I play mostly blues, I have my own way of playing the blues using a high gain tone instead of the overused clean snappy tones of blues players from yesteryear......

The purpose of the pedal is to take a clean tone amp and make it go from crunch, rock, to all out frontal assalt without having to crank the volume on the amp. Basically give you big full stack tone at a bedroom level.... I've watched a couple youtube vids and think its a great pedal for what I'm looking for. While I play mostly blues, I have my own way of playing the blues using a high gain tone instead of the overused clean snappy tones of blues players from yesteryear......

I don't like the in between pick up sound on strats for blues, I think it has to have a real nice overdrive, where it is just getting dirty, but you have to listen to it.

I use my 555 for rock every now and again, great for Black Magic Woman, either the fleetwood mac version or Santana - I'm not into this new metal stuff though.

I actually just got a Hermida Zendrive last week and LOVE it when I play jazz fusion type stuff. It took awhile to get here, but it was well worth the wait. Also, when I want to get "a little" dirtier :diablo_mini: I use a BK Butler Tube Driver. Then, for balls out, I use my old Big Muff Pie...so it isn't all clean, nice, Kenny Burrell jazz stuff.

While I play mostly blues, I have my own way of playing the blues using a high gain tone instead of the overused clean snappy tones of blues players from yesteryear......

A little more along the lines of Dan Auerbach, perhaps?

The purpose of the pedal is to take a clean tone amp and make it go from crunch, rock, to all out frontal assalt without having to crank the volume on the amp. Basically give you big full stack tone at a bedroom level....

...but if it doesn't makes your jammies flutter, it's ain't a full stack, is it? It's the visceral part that's missing.

So far, I'm just using a Tube Screamer and the high gain settings on either the DSL401 or the Classic 30 for my low volume crunch. On the road in my hotel room, its the POD XT and a pair of Sony headphones.

I'm going to hang on to my pocket pod for that same reason. Only thing that concerns me is this pedal has a DSP chip which is suspiciously like what you find on multi-effects pedals. Oh, if anyone wants to know, Sweetwater has it on sale right now for $85.

. . . Then, for balls out, I use my old Big Muff Pie...

I just thought that needed to be emphasized.

Katy! I simply don't have the words to express my level of discombobulation! ;)

Archived