Heritage Owners Club

Send/Receive question

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

My footswitch has an input and output. My amp head has a send and return. Which should be matched up with which? I am having a major brain f***!

My footswitch has an input and output. My amp head has a send and return. Which should be matched up with which? I am having a major brain f***!

send to input, output to return. Assuming we are talking about the effects loop.

Guest HRB853370

send to input, output to return. Assuming we are talking about the effects loop.

Yes we are and thank you kindly Jeff!

It's a good question. Not something you juts magically know about.

Just remember, it only dumb if you don't ever bother to ask the question and end up not knowing because of that. There are no dumb questions.. Though I'll admit to asking a whole bunch that made me feel dumb at the time.

I always get turned around on connecting reverb tanks...

Should be output on the amp to input on the tank, output on the tank to input on the amp... but then some amp manufactures thought it would make more sense to have the labels match... input on amp to input on tank, output on tank to output on amp???

I like it a lot better when they just label things send and return :)

I always get turned around on connecting reverb tanks...

Should be output on the amp to input on the tank, output on the tank to input on the amp... but then some amp manufactures thought it would make more sense to have the labels match... input on amp to input on tank, output on tank to output on amp???

I like it a lot better when they just label things send and return :)

But you figured out at the end though, right? :icon_scratch:

Guest HRB853370

Elvis knew what to do.... "Return to Sender"

Sorry, all.... I clearly don't have much to do this morning.

Now thats funny! And I never knew what the jist of that song was about..now I do!!

Archived