Heritage Owners Club

aarrrghhh conflicted

JeffB

Somethings gotta go. I dont have anything I want to go.

Was pretty set on getting a Mesa Mark V, quite enthused, hyped, decided. Then a curve ball came flying in. An amp I gigged with just once. Sounded great. Bass player gave it the nod. I took it back and forgot about it. Remembered it again. Been playing it for the last few hours. Its great.

Hoping to spend the weekend A/Bing it and the Mark V....But what ends up going to make way for the victor at the end of it? How do you decide stuff like this? It really is easier to keep everything. Why did I burden my self with this " something in something goes" rule? Who suggested it? It sucks.

Just had to exhale. ^_^

Throw out the freaking rules - keep em both!!!!

If I keep the Mark V or the contender then I have to move something I already own. Well, according to the stupid new rules anyway..... What a stupid idea. Its bloody daunting.

Think Ive thought of a way around it. Similar to what you said. :icon_thumright:

Somethings gotta go. I dont have anything I want to go.

Was pretty set on getting a Mesa Mark V, quite enthused, hyped, decided. Then a curve ball came flying in. An amp I gigged with just once. Sounded great. Bass player gave it the nod. I took it back and forgot about it. Remembered it again. Been playing it for the last few hours. Its great.

Hoping to spend the weekend A/Bing it and the Mark V....But what ends up going to make way for the victor at the end of it? How do you decide stuff like this? It really is easier to keep everything. Why did I burden my self with this " something in something goes" rule? Who suggested it? It sucks.

Just had to exhale. ^_^

Why are you burdening us with this? Does it appear that we need this chaos in our lives? We are all afflicted in the same way. Nobody that I am aware of here in the HOC owns 1 guitar and 1 amp. That means we can not help you hear except to encourage you to buy everything you want and never sell anything. I hope this helps, your brother in addiction (14 guitars & 4 amps). And don't ask Brent, he's no help on this either.

i feel your pain Brother..When I bought my 535 last summer, I was so overwhelmed with guilt at the expense, I sold my H-137 to re-coop at least part of the expense..It turned out to be a good decision, because a couple of weeks later, I needed the money for car repairs..But one thing is for sure..I AIN'T SELLING THE 535!! But if you are financially able, just keep both amps..My 2 Cents..

Why are you burdening us with this? Does it appear that we need this chaos in our lives? We are all afflicted in the same way. Nobody that I am aware of here in the HOC owns 1 guitar and 1 amp. That means we can not help you hear except to encourage you to buy everything you want and never sell anything. I hope this helps, your brother in addiction (14 guitars & 4 amps). And don't ask Brent, he's no help on this either.

Actually, (unsure but)I think you might have been one of the ones that suggested moving stuff on to make way for new stuff in a previous thread.

Seemed reasonable and full of common sense when it was suggested but the implementing of the idea is not so easy. This is untrodden ground for me. Im new at it.

Actually, (unsure but)I think you might have been one of the ones that suggested moving stuff on to make way for new stuff in a previous thread.

Seemed reasonable and full of common sense when it was suggested but the implementing of the idea is not so easy. This is untrodden ground for me. Im new at it.

Maybe I did, maybe I didn't, I guess I could go either way on this. I suck at this. I am no help. I am a collector, not a wheeler-dealer. Not a collector in the sense that it is an investment, no, just a collector. Collector: one who cannot make a decision. Thats me. I love so many guitars and amps and there are so many great choices. A friend of mine says, "you can't have it all, if you did, where would you put it"? I may have to add a room.

Somehow, I think I need a guitar and amp for each type of venue that I will never play.

I've bought four amps since Christmas...

Mesa Transatlantic TA-15 - Gone now. Nice amp really, just didn't bond with it like I thought I would.

Fryette Memphis 30/18 - This amp freekin' rawks! Great cleans, great crunches, great screaming fire breathing tones. What's not to like?

Tungsten Crema Wheat - What a simple pure tone. No bells and whistles just great tone. And light too.

Heritage Lobo - Out for delivery. I've been wanting to try one of these for quite a while now.

See what a help I am?

Maybe I did, maybe I didn't, I guess I could go either way on this. I suck at this. I am no help. I am a collector, not a wheeler-dealer. Not a collector in the sense that it is an investment, no, just a collector. Collector: one who cannot make a decision. Thats me. I love so many guitars and amps and there are so many great choices. A friend of mine says, "you can't have it all, if you did, where would you put it"? I may have to add a room.

Somehow, I think I need a guitar and amp for each type of venue that I will never play.

No help, but totally signature worthy :icon_thumleft:

Mesa Transatlantic TA-15 - Gone now. Nice amp really, just didn't bond with it like I thought I would.

Fryette Memphis 30/18 - This amp freekin' rawks! Great cleans, great crunches, great screaming fire breathing tones. What's not to like?

Tungsten Crema Wheat - What a simple pure tone. No bells and whistles just great tone. And light too.

Heritage Lobo - Out for delivery. I've been wanting to try one of these for quite a while now.

See what a help I am?

Ok, I can see the pointlessness of posting my internal conflict here. Dont know what I was hoping for. Youre all sick........and you celebrate it. :occasion14:

I'd say that before you make any major decisions you should sleep on it ................... oh, wait. That won't work. ...................... Nevermind. :rolleyes_mini:

Its 3:30am now. Its nearly time to get up.

Its 3:30am now. Its nearly time to get up.

Don't be late for work. You're going to have to pay for this indecision some how.

Up until a month ago, I only owned one electric guitar and one amp.... At the moment, I only posses a single electric as the long awaited H-140 is still being painted. It had to be started over because the clear coat bleed through the paint... Grrr....

I moved an amp that I really liked and was gig worthy in favor of an amp KBP810 made for me. I found myself only needing an amp that I can get some rich, creamy overdrive without shaking the house down. So I guess you need to ask yourself, what is the purpose of the amp if not to replace what you already have? Is it volume, looks, reliability, tonal characteristics, or a combo of these?

Up until a month ago, I only owned one electric guitar and one amp.... At the moment, I only posses a single electric as the long awaited H-140 is still being painted. It had to be started over because the clear coat bleed through the paint... Grrr....

Well I guess it's a good thing I didn't ask this question a Month ago. Lucky for me. I hope I didn't offend you in any way. I apologize in advance if I did.

Bugera. There, I said it. Now we can all get on with our lives.

See what a help I am?

LO FREAKIN L!!

I moved an amp that I really liked and was gig worthy in favor of an amp KBP810 made for me. I found myself only needing an amp that I can get some rich, creamy overdrive without shaking the house down. So I guess you need to ask yourself, what is the purpose of the amp if not to replace what you already have? Is it volume, looks, reliability, tonal characteristics, or a combo of these?

There ya go MAKIN SENSE Detroit!! :drunken_smilie:

1/2 an hour in still on clean channels. What I find most disturbing is my mesa LSC isnt winning for me. Its warm and I love it but I like the Mk5 better and Ive only messed with the fat mode on it. Ive only just started tweaking the graphic and pre set eq on the mk5.

The amp that is the "contender" is keeping up very nicely with the Mesa LSC and MK5 but it is very much just what it is without too much flexibility. Just a good clean sound. The Mkv has quite a lot of flexibility and 1/2 an hr is just scratching the surface of it.

The Egnater has a good useable clean and tweakable but some of the tweaking just makes it sound weird. Its clean is the least dimensional and thinnest but it is still very nice and better than my Fender Concert but not as warm. Its also a much cheaper amp.

Im writing this just as much for myself so I can track where Ive been and to see if my opinion changes over the next couple of days. I got 6 amps going the rooms getting pretty warm.

Its over. MkV winner. None of the others are bad. Just that the MKV suits me better. Only made it to the 2nd channel on the MKV and knew.

I havent even played with the all the modes, fat on ch1, Mk1 on ch2, is all Ive tried. Took a quick Drop D trip through channel 3 and liked it. Ill go back there later.

Amp that was also in contention was a Koch PowertoneII. Very nice amp.

Amps on the block are Mesa LSC, Egnater Tourmaster. Not so sure about the LSC. Its a nice amp.

Thought it would take longer to decide but it was pretty obvious right from the start. A bit anticlimactic for me as I was ready to settle in for the weekend going through heads combo's and cabs.

Archived