Heritage Owners Club

Strongest and best quality tuners for H-550?

unikh550

I think I'm going to try the Grover 18:1 rotomatics on the 525. I love the sperzel iveroid buttons though!

How about these Grovers

Stewmac.com

Grover_Deluxe_Keystones_lg.jpg

Like that satin chrome on their locking tuners, but have been told by this tech, who has them in stock-that they are of poor quality. Probably will go with the Schaller M-6 since Stew-Mac has the chrome ones for $61+s/h.Play .15-52, so I need strong posts. I change strings every 10 days or so.

For what it's worth I had a fairly recent Aria arch top for the past 6 months that had Rotomatics on it. It was strung w/ 12's and the tuning never varied as much as a cent from day to day.

Now that I think about it, once I learned how to string up a guitar properly as well as put a little graphite in the nut, I've found the grovers on my epiphone worked just fine. Not saying anything about anyone else, but I found that worked best for me.

I agree 100%. I rarely break a string. I am easy on my strings, not much strumming, more single note stuff with a lot of bending. Now that I said that I will probably be breaking strings for the next 6 months.

Archived