Heritage Owners Club

ocd users?

I love my OCD (Ver. 4). I noticed RJLII had both the OCD and a Barber Direct Drive; I had both too, but I found them too similar to keep both. The Barber is also a fine pedal. If you want to keep the natural sound of the amp, I think the Barber colors the signal even less than the OCD. The OCD has a bit more gain. 9:00 on the OCD is more like 12:00 on the Barber. As you increase the drive on the OCD, the tone darkens (like an amp would when you crank it), so you may be reaching for the tone knob, on the Barber the tone stays more constant. Neither would be enough gain for modern metal sounds, IMHO, but they nail classic rock, blues and things in between. That's my 2 cents.

.......I noticed RJLII had both the OCD and a Barber Direct Drive; I had both too, but I found them too similar to keep both.

They can cover some of the same ground for sure, I like the fact that the Barber offers lower overall gain structure. The combination of the three pedals each set differently is almost like having a multi channel amp where you can run each channel independently or cascade them to suit the tone you're after. I always thought stacking OD/Distortion/Boost pedals sounded kind of silly until I tried it. I'm a believer.

They can cover some of the same ground for sure, I like the fact that the Barber offers lower overall gain structure. The combination of the three pedals each set differently is almost like having a multi channel amp where you can run each channel independently or cascade them to suit the tone you're after. I always thought stacking OD/Distortion/Boost pedals sounded kind of silly until I tried it. I'm a believer.

The ocd does stack extremly well,I can use it and my rat together and just getting an awsome tone, although it doesn,t go with many songs my band covers. I was skeptic with all the hype on the net about the ocd and fulltone in general, but it is a great pedal. you can almost leave it on all the time and just use volume and picking to control the tone. yep I like it!

Pure rubbish!! Absolutely NO reason to not ship down under.

Well....dont know what to tell you, I cant buy one. Not second hand. Not new.

One guy will get back to me. Failing that I will have to go to the opposition and buy one.

One guy will get back to me. Failing that I will have to go to the opposition and buy one.

I'd sell you mine if I were selling it. :diablo_mini:

Tully, you buy the dang thing and send it to me and I will dang sure get it sent to you if that works for you.

Wow, I was just curious if anyone else liked the pedal and was using it. I didn't mean to start another enabler thread but I would be glad to share profits with fulltone from any sales resulting from this thread!

Wow, I was just curious if anyone else liked the pedal and was using it. I didn't mean to start another enabler thread but I would be glad to share profits with fulltone from any sales resulting from this thread!

I was trying to decide between the OCD and Catalinbread's Dirty little Secret. I went the DLS when I shouldve gone OCD. Your thread happened at the same time.

For some reason I thought I wanted Marshall in a box when all I wanted was more gain, cos gain is tone. The DSL didnt play nice with my gear and my expectations of it were wrong.....that and I really dont like it for any application. None what so ever. Its horrible. Cool if you like that sort of thing I guess.

Having said that, Ive only used an OCD once about 6-8mths ago and didnt really take any notice of it. Just stood on it and went. Cant remember if I thought it was good or bad or just gain. Played 3-4 songs and got off. Seemed to sound like electric guitar noises I was making so I guess its worth the shot. Guess I will figure out if I like it in about two weeks from now.

Been meaning to test drive an OCD.

My pedal board has either an Ibanez TS9 or Turbo Screamer.

However, this bad boy just arrived yesterday and so far, it kicks some serious tonal booty...

Zendrive-Photo2.jpg

Take a listen to the samples on the Hermida website. Very Dumble-esque!!

Zendrive

love my zendrive

I've heard good things but isn't there a ridiculous wait list?

Thats what I heard but mine just cleared Aussie customs on Friday 6th after being ordered on the 24-26th...... So yeh nearly 2weeks Ive had to wait. Any day now...cmon Australian Post.

personal favorites:

l.jpg

the idea being not to change my basic sound but to add oomph, etc. to solo tones. low-medium gain pedal, by the designer of Heritage amps

AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhg.

@#$%^&*(*&^%5

Paging the angry mob to isle 6.

i'll play!

i have an ocd, an mi audio "blues pro," and a "FET dream" made by "cause and effects pedals." all work well enough. when i really want crud, though, i clean-boost my vintage47 supro comet 10 replica (dimed, of course).

a close 2nd is my li'ldawg mutt running with double inputs.

at the risk of sounding like a cork sniffer, for me, overdriven tubes make better noise than pedals can deliver.

$.02

+1 on that..But i'm a hypocrite..I use a vintage Ibanez TS-9 and a Radial Tone Bone Classic for overdrive..The main reason i'm doing that is because the factory pedal that came with my C-30 pooped itself, and I'm too cheap to buy another one.. :icon_cyclops:

Guest HRB853370

Got one last week and have had a couple jam/practice sessions with it and love it so far anyone else using one?

Also wondering what everyone's opinion on the best overdrive on the market is? Thought it would be fun to stir up a little ...uh... discussion!

Is this an obcessive compulsive disorder pedal or what?

Boss Blues Driver beats them all, hands down!

Is this an obcessive compulsive disorder pedal or what?

Boss Blues Driver beats them all, hands down!

Yeah I love that fizzy dark sound to

After making the above smart ass comment I went and plugged a BD-2 into a Peavey Classic 30 and it sounded pretty good. ^_^

Truth is I started out with Mesa MKV gas and blew a really good deposit on stomps. So I got this whole annoyed with myself thing going on. :drunken_smilie:

After making the above smart ass comment I went and plugged a BD-2 into a Peavey Classic 30 and it sounded pretty good. ^_^

Truth is I started out with Mesa MKV gas and blew a really good deposit on stomps. So I got this whole annoyed with myself thing going on. :drunken_smilie:

blues driver really isn't a bad pedal just gotta keep the gain reasonable. I still use one for just a little grit on fast country songs. I will probably replace it one day with something a little more exotic but thats really just vanity!

Archived