Heritage Owners Club

525 and 125tdc

heritagefan7

Would anyone call the 525 a rare guitar? I rarely see them on ebay and almost never anywhere else except in 1 of the larger Heritage retailers, and even then they seem to be limited in quantity. Comparatively, the gibby 125 (not always the tdc, but that model seems closest to the 525) seems easier to find and is often a bit cheaper (and of course older). I REALLY pine for a 525...it would fit nicely in that space b/w my 555 & 574. Are there gonna be any 525s out there when I can (if ever) scrape together the cash? (Seriously, are they really that tough to find). Always see 535s & 150s out there on the market, but where are the 525s? (for tht matter, the 530s?). Is the 125 a more likely reality if you want that p90 thinner hollow body sound?...(The 125 would just seem like I was settling--not what I have in mind)

I love my 525. It is pretty easy to get if you place an order for one, Heritage still makes them.

If you are looking to find one used, most people hold on to their 525s, but they sometimes (very rarely) come about on the used market.

Just to induce some Heritage ordering incentive, here is a couple of pics of mine.... :icon_thumright:

Photo6_8dda1-Original.jpg

photo1_42909-Original.jpg

Photo3_a9dba-Original.jpg

Photo2_458c0-Original.jpg

I'd make the assumption that the 535/555 and the 150 are produced in the largest quantities. I was fortunate enough to grab a like-new 525 last year used from Marty Grass. I dig this guitar so much, I can certainly see why the few that DO get made ever end up on the used market. It FEELS alive, vibrating against you when you play it, and is very versatile, doing clean rhythm work just fine, and rarely exhibiting feedback when overdriving an amp or using a dirt box, even at relatively high volumes. And the tone.... Sorry, I guess I'm not helping much. Go get one, however you need to do it; Custom order, get lucky, etc..

You all are NOT helping my econmy depressed wallet nor my overwhelmin desire! Anybody in a giving mood? Amazing pics...trying to get the drool off of my laptop as we speak. Maybe an early Christmas order? What's the Kalamazoo turnaround time? (I've always bought used)

Mine isn't anywhere near as pretty as Kuz's, but here she is, hopefully to induce a LITTLE more G.A.S....

Beautiful...OSB? It's gorgeous...so is Kuz's & Jazzpunk's. You have succeeded more than a LITLE!

PSPIII150.jpg

You all are NOT helping my econmy depressed wallet nor my overwhelmin desire! Anybody in a giving mood? Amazing pics...trying to get the drool off of my laptop as we speak. Maybe an early Christmas order? What's the Kalamazoo turnaround time? (I've always bought used)

10-12 weeks

I love my 525. It is pretty easy to get if you place an order for one, Heritage still makes them.

If you are looking to find one used, most people hold on to their 525s, but they sometimes (very rarely) come about on the used market.

Just to induce some Heritage ordering incentive, here is a couple of pics of mine.... :icon_thumright:

Photo6_8dda1-Original.jpg

photo1_42909-Original.jpg

Photo3_a9dba-Original.jpg

Photo2_458c0-Original.jpg

John, you really do have some of the, if not the, most beautiful Heritages on the planet.

Save, scrimp, sell stuff...whatever you gotta do...DO IT! Your best bet is to order one custom to your specs. However, you never know when a used one will pop up.

H525's are incredible guitars. I agree that they sound ALIVE with roundwounds as well as with flatwounds.

They are the best of both old school and new school. A jazz master buddy of mine played my custom 525 and proclaimed it to be "...the perfect jazz guitar...".

Good luck with your saving and search for your 525.

post-8-0-67562400-1307215734_thumb.jpg

John, you really do have some of the, if not the, most beautiful Heritages on the planet.

Thank you, I sincerely mean it.

Save, scrimp, sell stuff...whatever you gotta do...DO IT! Your best bet is to order one custom to your specs. However, you never know when a used one will pop up.

H525's are incredible guitars. I agree that they sound ALIVE with roundwounds as well as with flatwounds.

They are the best of both old school and new school. A jazz master buddy of mine played my custom 525 and proclaimed it to be "...the perfect jazz guitar...".

Good luck with your saving and search for your 525.

Best look SSB of all time!!! A truly wonderful, CUSTOM Heritage of the 1st order!!!!

Mine isn't anywhere near as pretty as Kuz's, but here she is, hopefully to induce a LITTLE more G.A.S....

PSPIII150.jpg

I don't know what you're talking about, that guitar is a beauty! There's no such thing as a bad lookin' 525!

I don't know what you're talking about, that guitar is a beauty! There's no such thing as a bad lookin' 525!

Thanks, JazzPunk; you're right, they are ALL beautiful! :icon_thumright:

P.S. In response to an earlier question, Yes, mine is in OSB.

Guest HRB853370

Would anyone call the 525 a rare guitar? I rarely see them on ebay and almost never anywhere else except in 1 of the larger Heritage retailers, and even then they seem to be limited in quantity. Comparatively, the gibby 125 (not always the tdc, but that model seems closest to the 525) seems easier to find and is often a bit cheaper (and of course older). I REALLY pine for a 525...it would fit nicely in that space b/w my 555 & 574. Are there gonna be any 525s out there when I can (if ever) scrape together the cash? (Seriously, are they really that tough to find). Always see 535s & 150s out there on the market, but where are the 525s? (for tht matter, the 530s?). Is the 125 a more likely reality if you want that p90 thinner hollow body sound?...(The 125 would just seem like I was settling--not what I have in mind)

This could be your perfect opportunity to custom order one from Heritage. Thats what I would do! And you really don't want it in pine, mahogany or maple would be a better choice of wood!

Guest HRB853370

I'd make the assumption that the 535/555 and the 150 are produced in the largest quantities. I was fortunate enough to grab a like-new 525 last year used from Marty Grass. I dig this guitar so much, I can certainly see why the few that DO get made ever end up on the used market. It FEELS alive, vibrating against you when you play it, and is very versatile, doing clean rhythm work just fine, and rarely exhibiting feedback when overdriving an amp or using a dirt box, even at relatively high volumes. And the tone.... Sorry, I guess I'm not helping much. Go get one, however you need to do it; Custom order, get lucky, etc..

Can somebody tell me what exactly the differences are between the 525 and the 575? The bodies look so similar. Is the scale length identical?

Can somebody tell me what exactly the differences are between the 525 and the 575? The bodies look so similar. Is the scale length identical?

525 features a laminate maple top and back, thinner body depth and P90 pups.

525 features a laminate maple top and back, thinner body depth and P90 pups.

Yea, other than that the are the same!!! :diablo_mini: j/k

Archived