Heritage Owners Club

Bad Cat Amps

Any of you guys own one? I have the Hot Cat 15 watt. Always loved the tone, just felt it sounded it sounded a little "small" because of the one speaker. Hooked it up to my Marshall 4x12, and whoa! Just wondering if I will get a better break up distortion if I hook it up to a 2x12 cab? or if I should get something just a little bit bigger (combo)? I don't think I need anything more than 30 watts. Just curious on anyone else's experience with Bad Cat?

I have a Hot Cat 30R attached to a 4x12 that entertains me for hours.

I swapped a Cub II for a Briton II. Now I'm looking for a Cub again. The cleans from that amp still haunt me

I haven't met a Samson design that I don't love! Matchless, Bad Cat, SMF or Star - you can not go wrong.

I have a Hot Cat 30R attached to a 4x12 that entertains me for hours.

I swapped a Cub II for a Briton II. Now I'm looking for a Cub again. The cleans from that amp still haunt me

I haven't met a Samson design that I don't love! Matchless, Bad Cat, SMF or Star - you can not go wrong.

Can you get nice breakup at sort of "bedroom" levels, or is it super loud?

Can you get nice breakup at sort of "bedroom" levels, or is it super loud?

It's a 4x12; it moves a lot of air. The amp is friendly enough that I can sit in front of the cab and enjoy it for hours. Mrs. Steiner has yet to chase me with a fry pan so I suppose it's not too loud. "Nice breakup" is a personal preference. I most often use it with a blend of the clean (foreground) and gain (background) channels.

The cab and certainly speakers you use are going to spice it a little differently. Bottom line is that the Bad Cat provides a solid, sonic foundation from which to build.

I had serious Bad Cat gas a while ago. Probably still have, just havent revisited it for a while.

I got some great sounds at home levels while I had the Hot Cat 30w. I could tell it wanted to be opened up a bit more, but still managed some pretty rocking tones at quieter levels. I ran it through a 212 mainly.

I was just so infatuated with my Mesa LS at the time that I didnt appreciate the Hot Cat while I had it and took it back. Kinda dumb move.

I kind of tricked myself. When I hooked it up to the 4x12 I had turned it up louder, so it naturally sounded better. When I reconnected to it's own speaker at that same same level it sounded "better" than the 4x12. I should say better breakup. Eh, I'll just continue looking into maybe a 2x12 Bad Cat cab or upgrading to 30 watts.

Any of you guys own one? I have the Hot Cat 15 watt. Always loved the tone, just felt it sounded it sounded a little "small" because of the one speaker. Hooked it up to my Marshall 4x12, and whoa! Just wondering if I will get a better break up distortion if I hook it up to a 2x12 cab? or if I should get something just a little bit bigger (combo)? I don't think I need anything more than 30 watts. Just curious on anyone else's experience with Bad Cat?

The difference in wattage only helps out clean tones... I'd run anything through a 2x12 if I could, but a lot more air is pushed with a pair of 4x12's!

I put an 18 watt through a full stack outside. One word; Fun!

A date with a full stack is always a good time :love10:

I always enjoy those GT&A QA sessions!!! :icon_pirat:

Archived