Heritage Owners Club

Nice Amp to Compliment or Replace a Marshall

The builder is one of the HOC go to guys when things go buzz and pthzzzzz in their amps?

Yep. I'm ordering one from kbp810. He can comment about it as much as he wants, I don't want to presume how much or how little he likes people to talk about their amps, but it will be a two-channel with a clean, probably kind of Fender-ish channel 1 and a special overdrive channel 2. But I like supporting smaller builders, a few people here have good things to say about him and his services, and the cost for what I am actually getting (a hand-wired amp that is going to be at least a little custom-tweaked to my liking) is really pretty inexpensive.

FWIW, I'm planning on getting either a Morley A/B A+B switcher or something that does the same thing, and probably have to get another Weber Mass Attenuator, and do the two-amp thing into my 4x12 a/o get another cabinet (thinking a 2x12 for mobility and whatnot, plus a bit of diversity). But just playing with the new amp by itself will be enough fun for a little while until I decide how to expand my setup, but I think the kbp810 & Marshall setup will be pretty cool.

But I'll let kbp810 tell anything he wants to about the amp. He's building it, and it is a nice opportunity for him to share as much or as little as he wants to. Overall, I'm pretty excited though. So thanks to DetroitBlues for the recommendation!

Yep. I'm ordering one from kbp810. He can comment about it as much as he wants, I don't want to presume how much or how little he likes people to talk about their amps, but it will be a two-channel with a clean, probably kind of Fender-ish channel 1 and a special overdrive channel 2. But I like supporting smaller builders, a few people here have good things to say about him and his services, and the cost for what I am actually getting (a hand-wired amp that is going to be at least a little custom-tweaked to my liking) is really pretty inexpensive.

Brian is the Man when it comes to hand built/custom amps/reverb. Very High quality. Not that I am an expert on such things, but what he built for me I believe is of the highest quality. And the price, what can you get for $50,000.00 these days? KBP810 is worth every penny.

Brian is the Man when it comes to hand built/custom amps/reverb. Very High quality. Not that I am an expert on such things, but what he built for me I believe is of the highest quality. And the price, what can you get for $50,000.00 these days? KBP810 is worth every penny.

Good to hear.

The only thing I have to decide now is what color scheme. I am thinking either black tolex and a Fender-ish silver grill cloth look, or a brown ostrich tolex and beige cane grill. Decisions, decisions.

The only thing I have to decide now is what color scheme. I am thinking either black tolex and a Fender-ish silver grill cloth look, or a brown ostrich tolex and beige cane grill. Decisions, decisions.

He does a nice line in flamed maple too :)

Good to hear.

I also recently talked to him about building an amp, although I think I have decided to go with a different circuit than I origanally discussed with him. The thing is, I don't want it to be pretty. I want plain bordering on ugly, that way, people will go look at this chump with the crappy amp, then they hear it and say what the hell happened?!!

I have a strange sense of humor.

Seriously, I did ask him about an amp but I wouldn't ask anyone to put their name/logo on anything they weren't proud to display, would be funny though huh?

Halowords - congrats! I've played a number of KBP810's creations and even A/Bed them against the commercial equivalents (Fender, Vox, Matchless). We've plugged them into 4X12s and shook the tree leaves with them. The problem is I walk around for the next 24 hours with this goofy shipt-eating grin. You're going to be VERY happy. Top of the line components and an electronics mind like a steel trap. :icon_thumright:

The problem is I walk around for the next 24 hours with this goofy shipt-eating grin. You're going to be VERY happy. Top of the line components and an electronics mind like a steel trap. :icon_thumright:

Thanks. Now that I have two things to be super excited about (custom-built guitar, and now an amp). Brother!

Subtle hint ;)

Yeah, maybe a bit of one.

Now all I need to do is decide the color scheme. I am thinking either the Ostrich Brown tolex with beige or Fender Style Black/White/Silver grill cloth, Silver tolex with black grill cloth, or the rough Fender blonde with black or brown grill cloth. I think the silver w/ black would be great, but would love it if it were a bit darker, like a charcoal grey, and I'm not sure how it will age and do not want it to be "bling-y," if that makes any sense. Any thoughts or experience on that would be welcome. Flamed maple would be nice, but a bit too pricey at this point I am afraid so not this time. But I have a few color schemes in mind that could probably all work, I just need to make up my mind. And no, ordering one-of-each is not a realistic option at this point. ;)

Thanks. Now that I have two things to be super excited about (custom-built guitar, and now an amp). Brother!

Yeah, maybe a bit of one.

Now all I need to do is decide the color scheme. I am thinking either the Ostrich Brown tolex with beige or Fender Style Black/White/Silver grill cloth, Silver tolex with black grill cloth, or the rough Fender blonde with black or brown grill cloth. I think the silver w/ black would be great, but would love it if it were a bit darker, like a charcoal grey, and I'm not sure how it will age and do not want it to be "bling-y," if that makes any sense. Any thoughts or experience on that would be welcome. Flamed maple would be nice, but a bit too pricey at this point I am afraid so not this time. But I have a few color schemes in mind that could probably all work, I just need to make up my mind. And no, ordering one-of-each is not a realistic option at this point. ;)

I perfer the Chevy Camero '67 RS Orange with black grill cloth and black racing strips!

1967%20Chevrolet%20Camaro%20RS%20Sport%20Coupe%20f3q.jpg

Archived