Heritage Owners Club

New Bad Cat Cabinet

Were you playing through a 1x12? Doubling the # of speakers can have a very nice effect. 'Course, the Hot Cat ain't no slouch!

Congrats in your elation! :icon_thumright:

Were you playing through a 1x12? Doubling the # of speakers can have a very nice effect. 'Course, the Hot Cat ain't no slouch!

Congrats in your elation! :icon_thumright:

I have the Hot Cat 15 combo, which is a 1x12. Just disconnected 1x12 and added the 2x12. Now I have monster sound!

I love 212's. I have a Classic Cat R that sounds great as a 112 combo but just a step up through 212 cab.

The dynamics of this amp is impressive. Makes running in stereo with any of my other amps a little hard as its hard to find unity volume. They just dont have the same touch sensitivity as the Bad Cat.

2x12's are pretty sweet. Wish I knew someone who can make them.... :icon_compress:

Cab makers are a dime a dozen DB, just like luthiers... I bet KBP810 has a connection to a hardwood cab maker. You two should talk. PM him; he's easy to talk to. :pottytrain4:

Squawken - what speakers have you switched to? I ask because I've a few BC combos that got the V30 removed and swapped with another speaker. I run a Hot Cat through a 4X12 with 3 different speakers. Loud or soft, it's just a wonderful experience.

Cab makers are a dime a dozen DB, just like luthiers... I bet KBP810 has a connection to a hardwood cab maker. You two should talk. PM him; he's easy to talk to. :pottytrain4:

Squawken - what speakers have you switched to? I ask because I've a few BC combos that got the V30 removed and swapped with another speaker. I run a Hot Cat through a 4X12 with 3 different speakers. Loud or soft, it's just a wonderful experience.

That's the weird part. The speakers are labeled "Star Amplifiers" by Mark Sampson, not the Celestions. I know Mark was part of Bad Cat, only to move on, and now is part of Star, so someone took a lot of effort to change this up.

Excellent! I'd guess they are the same as the Bad Cat speakers but Star is great! Do the have V30 cones and magnets? I guess that is to say; Do the speakers {magnet, frame & cone} look the same as your combo speaker? I'm just curious if Mark S. changed as he went to new companies in order to subsequently leave. :icon_thumright:

Star has been on my radar for a couple years; I want one!

Enjoy!

Excellent! I'd guess they are the same as the Bad Cat speakers but Star is great! Do the have V30 cones and magnets? I guess that is to say; Do the speakers {magnet, frame & cone} look the same as your combo speaker? I'm just curious if Mark S. changed as he went to new companies in order to subsequently leave. :icon_thumright:

Star has been on my radar for a couple years; I want one!

Enjoy!

They look very similar. Sound the same that's for sure.

Sounds like a great tone moment. congratulations. nothing like a good 2 x 12. i love 'em, but my back doesn't share the enthusiasm.

The precise reason that man developed casters, hand carts and, of course, roadies...

Edit: Learning to spel

Archived