Heritage Owners Club

Orange Amps

I agree that the pursuit of cheap really is a losing game often enough.

I gotta say, guitar wise, I went cheap for decades. I would buy a busted up guitar off eBay or a pawn shop. Take it home and slowly get the parts I wanted for it. They never sounded bad. They could sound quite good actually. But... there was always something missing.

I get the 575. Now..... NOW I get it.

Better off just saving for the thing you want and having that one FREAKSHOW guitar than to have a bunch that will just do. ...unless that is your goal: a bunch of guitars that will just do.

I am seeing that with amps now. The Starlite is a want. The AxeFx rig is a want. The Roland will likely stay. Just have a hard time seeing me giving it up. That and it will be more portable than the Starlite and AxeFx rig.

played a TT combo today.

Damn fine sounding amp.

I know, its such a bummer. For a while, I wanted the tiny terror combo (1x12 model). But lack of features lead me to the Egnator, but then again those are made in China. Thankfully I discovered the Peavey Delta Blues. I'm liking that amp more and more every time I play it.

I know, its such a bummer. For a while, I wanted the tiny terror combo (1x12 model). But lack of features lead me to the Egnator, but then again those are made in China. Thankfully I discovered the Peavey Delta Blues. I'm liking that amp more and more every time I play it.

Yeah. I have yet to hear an amp from the Classic series I wouldn't want to own.

With regards to the 5150, it was kinda weird the evolution of that amp.

The 5150 came out, then the 5150II added a tube and reduced the gain. Which would be fine by me... the gain never got above 5 o'clock on the lead channel.

Then when EVH took his football and went home, I didn't care at all for the 6505 nor any of the subsequent ones like the 6505+. I REALLY didn't like that Triple XXX one they made. I think that was the one with the mudflap girls.

Anyways... yeah.

In the telecom world, we have discovered China reversed engineered some of the biggest names in telecom equipment, built the exact same stuff as the competition and then sold it for a fraction of the cost. I was pricing out a new system at $400,000, and the Chinese clone was about $60,000. It was exactly the same thing, but just much much cheaper.

Check them out on EBay, not cheap. From what I have seen on Youtube, the tube amps sound pretty good, wouldn't mind getting my hands on one ;)

I used to think Marshall's were all made in the UK, until their budget tube amps came out. I really liked the concept of the Haze and the Class V, but once I read they had reliability issues, they were off my list. Of course, those are made in China.

I know.... The Chinese stuff keeps improving, as does their quality of life... In the next 10 years their middle class will force production somewhere else, hopefully back here....

That's what I'm hoping..but I'll probably be retired by then anyway..Sitting on the porch playing my geetar..535 thru my C-30..

Plus, they are made in Mississippi! Bonus!

Archived