Heritage Owners Club

NOHD

golferwave

Nice guitar, Scott. Unique pu combo, looking forward to hearing - and seeing you next weekend. I'll have your old ssb with me.

Great! I'm really looking forward to the weekend Randy.

It's a shame golferwave couldn't make it, but he didn't really have a choice. HOWEVER the guitar however DID make it, and I tried it out.

I have TV joines fever, once again. They really are great sounding. They have a lot of snap and clarity that Gibson-style humbuckers don't. the Neck has a very bell like tone. They have some low end punch and a sparkly high end, and don't that the mid-heavy honk that PAF style pickups are famous far. They sound REALLY good clean. I got to try it out through Brent's Heritage Colonial, and I was amazed at how much punch and snap the neck has.

The bridge is pure twang. Almost like a noise-free tele bridge pickup on 'roids. Bright and spanky. Almost impossible to describe, but awesome.

Right now I'm eyeing my own collection to see if any guitars look like they want some TV Jones pickups put in.

I'm glad you got to try it out tbone. It really does have a great tone to it.

I've been pretty down in the dumps about not being able to be there and found myself feeling angry, and then guilty for being angry as the week went along. We went down to OKC in May for the 60th wedding anniversary party for my wife's parents, then the long drive again this past week. After the funeral on Thursday my father-in- law was feeling ill with an upset stomach and we figured it was the stress and grief of losing a grandson. Linda and I drove home Friday and during the trip got a call that my father-in-law was in the hospital and was going to need surgery for a ruptured colon. He's 85 years old and the surgery was hard on him as they had to do a colostomy. Now we get to go back down there next Saturday for a week to help look after my mother-in-law who is dealing with Alzheimers, while the sisters-in-law get kids ready to return to school. When it rains it pours. Hope you all had a great time and know that my heart was with you.

Well, your guitar was definitely with us. It is a great player, though definitely has seen some hard knocks in its time. The top is still awesome, and the neck is nice. Sadly I'm on a guitar hiatus for a while as I have a trombone purchase coming up. I just wish I knew more songs that would have done it justice, like country songs or some brian setzer/stray cats stuff. Though, I do know a lot of AC/DC rhythm lines he he he

Sorry to hear about the issues with your father in law. Everything does seem to come in bunches. I rarely have friends in the hospital, but this year I've had 5 or 6, all for things like pancreatitis, kidney stones, gall stones, etc, and these are people all under 40. I have a friend in the hospital right now for intestinal issues, and she went in on Tuesday for surgery, and is still there. They really aren't sure what's going on.

That thing is sweet. I believe that is the one I heard at PSP. Great tone.

I remember it. It has reignited my urge to have something with filtertrons or TV jones pickups. Question is do I put them in a guitar I already have, or do I get a guitar just to put them in. Or, do I just go get a used Gretsch...

I vote all of the above..

Archived