Heritage Owners Club

25th H-150 Anniversary

602a

I hope this is not like my last post. Does anyone own a VSB 25th Anniversary 150? Is there that much difference in the regular 150's? Also has anyone tried to get a long tenon custom build?

IIRC.... On the spec sheets , I believe the two differences that a 25th Anni had were...

25th Anniversary Engraved Truss Rod Cover

Upgraded wood package at no charge

Although a couple of people that have them say there is an added something "special" about them and really liked them .

I didn't hear anyone ask about the long tenon at PSP. They are supposed to be available , but I didn't really think about it while at the plant.

I remember seeing some that looked like they would go into the pickup cavity , but can't say that I've seen this clearly on a finished guitar.

I spoke with Marv face to face and ALL 150s, ordered anywhere are long tenons now.

Very cool stuff.

Our PSP IV gallery is down right now, but please post if anyone comes across a pic of an H-150 that clearly shows the long tenon.

( I remember seeing a pic of a long tenon on bigbobs 170)

Yea, Marv was hilarious. He said, "We used to cut those damn long parts off the neck, and now everybody wants them left on. It's actually less work for us to keep them (the longer tenon) on, than cutting them off".

I don't get the feeling that Marv thinks "that damn longer part off the neck" makes any difference to the tone of the guitars (and I think I feel the same way). But what the heck, it can't hurt the tone.

Very cool stuff.

Our PSP IV gallery is down right now, but please post if anyone comes across a pic of an H-150 that clearly shows the long tenon.

( I remember seeing a pic of a long tenon on bigbobs 170)

Actually, I think the biggest observation I had at the plant (and Marv also verified this ) was how many more semis & archtops they were making verses solidbodies. Marv said they are selling more semi-hollows now than solids. I actually don't remember seeing a 150 that wasn't already painted. But I saw lots of 535/555s and lots of archtops in the middle of production.

Actually, I think the biggest observation I had at the plant (and Marv also verified this ) was how many more semis & archtops they were making verses solidbodies. Marv said they are selling more semi-hollows now than solids. I actually don't remember seeing a 150 that wasn't already painted. But I saw lots of 535/555s and lots of archtops in the middle of production.

Huh. I didn't see anything. ........... oh, yeah. Never mind.

I think there's a reason for the preponderance of semi-hollows.

Go price a Gibby LP Traditional - $1900. An H-150 isn't any cheaper, usually more expensive. And if most of us feel they are equal to an R8 or R9, I'm not sure the word is out on that.

NOW go price a flametop 335 --- $3800. Price a flametop 345 --- even more. What's a 535 or 555 cost? About what an H-150 does.

Price out an ES-175, or a freakin' L-5, then look at the 575 and Eagle.

Bottom line: You have to be a Heritage True Believer to buy the solidbodies, but the hollow stuff is affordable enough to make people take a chance on it.

Long tenon... short. I don't see what the deal is, except that the "back in the good old days" cork sniffing crowd has caught onto the long tenon being THE SECRET to the reason why the original Les Pauls were so good.

The tenons on Hamer and PRS guitars are not particularly long.. I don't see what the big deal is about the tenon. as long as the neck joint is strong, I don't care.

Long tenon... short. I don't see what the deal is, except that the "back in the good old days" cork sniffing crowd has caught onto the long tenon being THE SECRET to the reason why the original Les Pauls were so good.

The tenons on Hamer and PRS guitars are not particularly long.. I don't see what the big deal is about the tenon. as long as the neck joint is strong, I don't care.

I myself think it's a personal preference. I have 3 with long tenons and they just feel stronger to me and seem to sustain longer. I myself want to try a Heritage with one. But like I say it's just what a person likes.

Actually, I believe PRS has the longest tenon of all the popular made guitars. I think I saw a picture of the comparison.

I think there's a reason for the preponderance of semi-hollows.

Go price a Gibby LP Traditional - $1900. An H-150 isn't any cheaper, usually more expensive. And if most of us feel they are equal to an R8 or R9, I'm not sure the word is out on that.

NOW go price a flametop 335 --- $3800. Price a flametop 345 --- even more. What's a 535 or 555 cost? About what an H-150 does.

Price out an ES-175, or a freakin' L-5, then look at the 575 and Eagle.

Bottom line: You have to be a Heritage True Believer to buy the solidbodies, but the hollow stuff is affordable enough to make people take a chance on it.

Well, I am proud to say that I must be a true believer!

Actually, I believe PRS has the longest tenon of all the popular made guitars. I think I saw a picture of the comparison.

Well, I'd rather have a 535 in wineburst with the P90's like you have than a PRS, and I think PRS make a great guitar. I know I keep saying it John, but your 535 is the most beautiful I have ever seen.

Well, I'd rather have a 535 in wineburst with the P90's like you have than a PRS, and I think PRS make a great guitar. I know I keep saying it John, but your 535 is the most beautiful I have ever seen.

Thanks so much. Unfortunately, I don't think we have video of me playing (arrgh, trying to play) Lyle's songs. I used the 535 P90 for two of the songs ("Be Gregor" and "Flight #2"). I used the 575 for "Eyes". I wish I would have spent more time on dialing in a nice tone from the amp......

Archived