Heritage Owners Club

Hmmmm... I wonder if they would build me...

PacerX

An H-157 with a REALLY wide (1 7/8ths @ the nut) and REALLY flat (16" or preferably greater fretboard radius... I might even consider dead flat...) neck... with a thinner (think shred guitar neck) profile...

After all these years, it finally dawned on me that many of the times I am wrestling with a guitar (particularly Strats and H-150's), in large part it is due to:

1) The neck isn't wide enough, especially for my style of playing (lots of legato runs) and the size of my hands.

2) My early years playing classical conditioned me to liking a flat radius.

Apart from the above, all I would want is a standard TOM bridge, a SD JB in the bridge and a set of locking tuners...

The Godin nylon string synth guitar I have is pretty close to spot-on what I am looking for in a neck.

Basically, I want it to sound like an H-150/157... but FEEL a lot like a classical guitar/shred guitar.

Heh...

If I were feeling REALLY evil, I'd have a second one built with a Kahler...

Or...

***GASP***

A back-routed Floyd... they might not go for that one though... which I understand completely.

Although I'd probably have to have the locking nut machined myself... which I'm pretty sure I could do...

Sorry, just tying to connect with the "new or used" post. You know what you want/need and it's not available in stores or ebay so you are pretty lucky to have Heritage. Try ordering a custom shop LP or Edwards or Carvin with a wide & flat neck.

PacerX~ As I read your post, the first guitar that popped into my head was this (extremely expensive) monstrosity...

http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/000523.html

I'm sure Heritage could build you one with the wide nut and flat radius, etc. for less than the Gbrand, but as Brent said...it would cost you some coin.

PacerX~ As I read your post, the first guitar that popped into my head was this (extremely expensive) monstrosity...

http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/000523.html

I'm sure Heritage could build you one with the wide nut and flat radius, etc. for less than the Gbrand, but as Brent said...it would cost you some coin.

I kinda thought about one of those...

But the neck isn't gonna be wide enough, so I kinda let that idear go.

Heritage guitar company is a Custom order shop. They will build you what ever specs you want!

I would recommend calling Heritage directly, they are very resptive. Ask for Ren, he will give you the low down on the guitar and the time frame.

Heritage guitar company is a Custom order shop. They will build you what ever specs you want!

I would recommend calling Heritage directly, they are very resptive. Ask for Ren, he will give you the low down on the guitar and the time frame.

there is a really small Heritage dealer not far from me...i went in there the other day.  I was thinking that i would love to have a custom order Heritage, and since you can only go through a dealer to order i had him get me a quote on my "custom" Heritage.

this is what i had him quote me:

thinline 575 semi hollow (flourentine cutaway)

vintage cherry burst

ebony board w/ split diamond inlays

MOP logo

heavy flame top and back

seth lovers/chrome hardware/amber knobs

23 1/2 scale (like the byrdland)

i'm just checking for next year really....but that is what i want. ;D

Well, methinks I might have to give them a call.

I can see a couple of significant issues with this build, having seen their tooling.

Pretty sure the Plek ain't gonna like it much either...

there is a really small Heritage dealer not far from me...i went in there the other day.  I was thinking that i would love to have a custom order Heritage, and since you can only go through a dealer to order i had him get me a quote on my "custom" Heritage.

this is what i had him quote me:

thinline 575 semi hollow (flourentine cutaway)

vintage cherry burst

ebony board w/ split diamond inlays

MOP logo

heavy flame top and back

seth lovers/chrome hardware/amber knobs

23 1/2 scale (like the byrdland)

i'm just checking for next year really....but that is what i want. ;D

Sounds like a nice set up brent ... would that be based on Jays "custom" Heritage model the 525PTD ?

I think that has a laminated top to reduce feedback.

Would you go for a completely hollow design, like the 575, or get them to include a centre block ?

I had a very similar design in mind a few months back, apart from the scale length and pickups that is.

Sounds like a nice set up brent ... would that be based on Jays "custom" Heritage model the 525PTD ?

I think that has a laminated top to reduce feedback.

Would you go for a completely hollow design, like the 575, or get them to include a centre block ?

I had a very similar design in mind a few months back, apart from the scale length and pickups that is.

i would want the center block to cut down on the feedback...also i like the thinner body, like the roy.

Archived