Heritage Owners Club

Regional HOC Jam S.E. Michigan?

DetroitBlues

To all my fellow HOC members in the S.E Michigan area and those willing to travel here,

I'm thinking about looking into a place where we can have a HOC jam. Maybe do something once a month or quarter. I really enjoyed the PSP jams and wanted to keep going from there. I would like to do another more local/regionalized jam if anyone is interested. I'll see what I can do about a drummer and bass player if there are no HOC members willing to do this. It may not be as nice as the Henderson's family farm, but I hope it will be just as fun. I may look into renting a VFW Hall for the winter months.

Please let me know if your interested!

I'd love to but SC is a long way from Detroit. But I'm there in spriit!. I know that I added to a thread about this last night, but I can't find in now! Maybe I'm losing my mind. I think it's a great idea and I hope that you guys get it going. I'll try to post similar to this for the South east area. Hope it works for you guys!

I like the idea. My biggest issue in the Fall will be time. This is the time of the year I work two jobs. I will do my best to attend any jams, just can't promise I will always be able to.

Do I have to play in your band DB? I mean, I've heard you play... :icon_smile:

Hell Yes! I'm in!!!

OK...I got ZERO replies here in the south so far---maybe I'll bump it and try again. If it doesn't work here, can you skype me in?...If so, I look a lot (exactly in fact) like a Stevie Ray Vaughn picture and play blues on an old strat. Oh, well, you'll see what I mean when I skype in. :icon_sunny: Seriously, have a blast. We'll keep trying to get it going down here.

OK...I got ZERO replies here in the south so far---maybe I'll bump it and try again. If it doesn't work here, can you skype me in?...If so, I look a lot (exactly in fact) like a Stevie Ray Vaughn picture and play blues on an old strat. Oh, well, you'll see what I mean when I skype in. :icon_sunny: Seriously, have a blast. We'll keep trying to get it going down here.

Patience young man, patience. I am still busted flat from Kzoo. I need time to recover. I do have a bass player and drummer most weekends but we do it for fun and ain't too good.

Ok, I'm thinking about adding a little twist to this. Since I think the PSP jams sound really good with a lot of talent and musical abilities by our members, I thought about maybe having a charity event out of it. I want the jam to be a VFW hall, so doing something to help support our Vets as well as support a local children's charity (it is a Regional HOC, so why not support a local kids charity?). I believe my company may help support it. I expect it to be low key and mostly just our own HOC members and family/friends attending. But it sounds like a great idea to have some fun and make something out of it for the community. If this kills the whole vibe, I'll drop it. My concern is paying for the hall rental. If the vet's pay to watch us do what we've been doing in Brent's family farm, what's the harm in that?

Please let me know what you all think!

Archived