Heritage Owners Club

NHD!

DetroitBlues

I'm the one who put it on. But when my two femine influences both told me its too girly and to remove it, that takes your idea out.

Keith Richards played (maybe still plays) a Hummingbird for years. It has a large, elaborate, pinkish pickguard with a hummingbird and flowers on. Is he cool or girly?

Keith Richards played (maybe still plays) a Hummingbird for years. It has a large, elaborate, pinkish pickguard with a hummingbird and flowers on. Is he cool or girly?

I agree with you. Its the ladies at home who don't know about such great musicians...

Hey Blues, I have an original pickguard if you want to copy the standard design.

Get a signwriter to cut one for you from three-ply (black/white/black) signwriter's plastic. I've done this in the past with Rickenbackers I've modified.

My wife told me to take that off and use something else. Bummer. Question is, what should I use? The original pattern seems a little hard to find. I thought about a Guild like pickguard...

Anything but That

Thank you! Of course my wife won't believe me when I say I got two for the price of one!

BTW, Did you notice the computer monitor in the background?

I just saw this comment and had a look at the computer monitor - there's my little pug - so funny! : )

Keith Richards will always be cool.

Hey Blues, I have an original pickguard if you want to copy the standard design.

That sounds like the best idea yet. I can still see the original pickguard outline as welll as its first replacement. Putting an original shaped one back on would be ideal to me. But I think the 1st replacement was on there longer because it left a mark as well that extends beyond the original's footprint.... The Dove pickguard actually covers all of it.... I just played Brian's yesterday he picked up from Brent over the weekend. Looks great without a pickguard...

Archived