Heritage Owners Club

Is there anything much cooler than your initials on am amp?

barrymclark

It will have Weber speakers.

The preamp tube, as it stands and barring epiphany, is to be 12ax7.

The OD tube, as it stands and barring epiphany, is to be an EF86 (the gain bypassable).

The phase inverter and reverb tube, as it stands and barring epiphany, are to both be a 12at7.

What IS up in the air tube wise is the power section. It will either be a pair of 6L6's Class A or a pair of 6V6's Class A/B.

The transformers MAY be sourced from Endcor.

Ooooh, cool! And used sparingly that EF86 can add some real nice sparkle to the mix. Jazz/Rockabilly thru a Vox-ish front end amp. That would be uber cool!! If we get a vote I'd go 6L6s. To me they just have that something that 6V6s seem to lack. Personal opinion.

Now, who is this Epiphany you keep barring? ............ :laughing9:

Ooooh, cool! And used sparingly that EF86 can add some real nice sparkle to the mix. Jazz/Rockabilly thru a Vox-ish front end amp. That would be uber cool!! If we get a vote I'd go 6L6s. To me they just have that something that 6V6s seem to lack. Personal opinion.

I'm pretty sure that's Destiny's sister....

My lean is definitely the Class A 6L6. But yeah.... that bypassable Vox front end is VERY appealing to me.

Sounds like 6L6 class A is a go then, It was between that or the 6V6 A/B Ultralinear - the idea was to keep the power amp section sounding nice and clean; with the switchable gain/OD stage providing preamp distortion as needed.

Oh, yeah. I think I would have been good either way, but I do rather like that the 6L6 would stay clean in case I wanted to jazz it up a notch. :)

So... there you have it! :D

Switchable from tube to solid state rectifier? Could be. :)

I have that on the Mesa Lonestar. Honestly, the effect is so subtle you really have to be truly, honestly, anally listening for the difference. Never missed the SSR in the amps with tube recs. What I didn't like was the Weber Cap. That had to go.

I have that on the Mesa Lonestar. Honestly, the effect is so subtle you really have to be truly, honestly, anally listening for the difference. Never missed the SSR in the amps with tube recs. What I didn't like was the Weber Cap. That had to go.

The Copper Cap?

I wonder who's name is on this one?

FenderDickMaster.jpg

And look, he has a lot of presence but with very little effect or intensity...................... poor guy!

Archived