Heritage Owners Club

Alex Skolnick and his H-150 the video interview

shook494

You're right, awesome piece.  I've never heard of him or his band's music, but I'll listen for it now.  (I'm an old rocker)

Seems like a good guy too, Hurrah for Heritage!

Somebody make sure we get an invite to the Heritage jam out to him..

Maybe even contact his management to let him in on this site, he'd be a great addition to the HOC.

Yes - thanks, Shook, for the link.  Most folks have never heard of Heritage (but I love telling them the story... "it all started in 1917 when Gibson opened this factory in Kalamazoo..."    'course their eyes start to glaze over right about then).  And here's a guitar player I've never heard of playing Heritage so there's some symmetry here somewhere I suppose.

I saw his article in Vintage Guitar mag with a nice photo of him holding a beautiful 150 set up right nice w/vintage bridge, what look to be SD pickups (single screw anyway) along with the dual-hole pu rings left on it...  a 'players' grade 150 for sure  :wink:  Fun to read about Heritages in the media!!!

He's the lead guitarist in the band Testament. The metal band form the 80's. They got the original line up back together. He also has a jazz trio called the Alex Skolnick Trio. Very cool that he can play metal and then play jazz. He also tours with the Trans Siberian Orchestra. Very good musician. It's nice to see musicians giving more info on Heritage.

Didn't catch that he was a Trans Sib guy - he's gotta have chops to cover that stuff!! 

I've got a friend in NH that is good friends with the East Coast TSO touring group. We go round and round each year about who gets to see the better TSO shows. They have Alex, we have Al Pitrelli. Hard to go wrong with either one. Except for Alex playing Heritage guitars.

If Alex gets to popular G will dangle gobs of $$ and the promise to handbuild something for him in his face to become one of THEIR endorsing artists...

Look at Gary Moore, he's a G man now right?

If Alex gets to popular G will dangle gobs of $$ and the promise to handbuild something for him in his face to become one of THEIR endorsing artists...

Look at Gary Moore, he's a G man now right?

Meh.

Doesn't matter.

If it does happen that way, we still know the real deal.

it will be interesting to see what Heritage does w/ Alex's guitar.  Will it be a limited run like the Gary Moore?  Will it look just like a standard H 150 or will they dress it up a bit?

• 3 weeks later...
Someone contact his publicist and get him (Alex) to the tour in July!

I EMAILED VINCE TO SEE IF HE COULD CONTACT ALEX OR GIVE ME HIS PERSONAL EMAIL ADDY, SO WE COULD INVITE HIM

Archived