Heritage Owners Club

DeLisle Amps

SemiHalo

I have to plug this builder in the midwest. Jerry DeLisle makes some awesome amps at great price. Customizable too. He will work with you to make it sound just right. I got his 18 watter with a 12AX7 and EF86 preamp powered by 2 EL84's. You can switch between triode and pentode, the EQ is super-reactive, and it has a boost switch. It is a beautiful sounding amp. Very open and chimey.You can add reverb or tremolo or pretty much whatever you want. He is knowledgable, responsive, and he builds them quickly. Google him and check him out.Pedals, pickups, and guitars, too.

Guest HRB853370

We also have our own resident amp builder kbp810. I can speak from first hand experience. His amps are great and he is a good guy to do business with.

...and kbp810 is building my KBP Starlite!

Ok, fess up how much do you guys get paid per post for these plugs?

i get a free pick. no really, i have been through so much gear over the years that when something stands out because it is made by hand by the guy who owns the company, is built to one's spec, and sounds like a dream, i gotta give it its due. he gets alot of love from the tele and gretsch guys.

Guest HRB853370

You will understand when you get 'your' amp made. :) you will plug the crap out of the builder. haha.

But yours ain't made yet, its still on the drawing board, am I not correct?

I googled Jerry DeLisle and found nothing other than a couple of amp build threads on Gretsch-talk. Guess he doesnt have a website.

Sounds like a nice amp you have at any rate. Pics would make this thread awesome. Sound clip would complete it. :)

www.delisleguitar.com

i cant speak to the guitars as i dont have one. but i would have him make me one based on the quality of my amp and my dealings with jerry. nothing but praise for him on the gretsch forums.

someone was amazed (or in disbelief) that jerry could make amps, guitars, pedals, and pickups. they asked if he could make them some underwear, too. jer simply asked "what size?"

i am way too thick in the head to record and upload sound clips. i bought it after listening to the band "the cold stares" on youtube and the clips on his site.

we had discussed a guitar build and he had some really interesting ideas. i prefer mini-humbuckers but wanted something different so he suggested using tv jones filtertrons that fit in a p-90/mini-hum slot. that way i could swap between 90's, mini's, and the tv jones humbucker.

i also like that jer said my amp would be done in 4 weeks and it was done in exactly 4 weeks. i have had amps made before that were promised in 4 months but took twelve.

how long does heritage take to build a custom guitar?

www.delisleguitar.com

i cant speak to the guitars as i dont have one. but i would have him make me one based on the quality of my amp and my dealings with jerry. nothing but praise for him on the gretsch forums.

someone was amazed (or in disbelief) that jerry could make amps, guitars, pedals, and pickups. they asked if he could make them some underwear, too. jer simply asked "what size?"

i am way too thick in the head to record and upload sound clips. i bought it after listening to the band "the cold stares" on youtube and the clips on his site.

we had discussed a guitar build and he had some really interesting ideas. i prefer mini-humbuckers but wanted something different so he suggested using tv jones filtertrons that fit in a p-90/mini-hum slot. that way i could swap between 90's, mini's, and the tv jones humbucker.

i also like that jer said my amp would be done in 4 weeks and it was done in exactly 4 weeks. i have had amps made before that were promised in 4 months but took twelve.

how long does heritage take to build a custom guitar?

which forums? I am The Squirrel on Gretsch-Talk and I have the name as here on The Gretsch Pages.

Archived