Heritage Owners Club

Peavey Delta Blues

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

Anybody own or have owned a Peavey Delta Blues? I am curious as to how these compare with the Classic 30 series. Also, they have a 1x15 and a 2x10 version. I would guess the 1x15 would have much more low end, but the 2x10 would be more punchy sounding? Any thoughts? I guess I should just demo both.

Used a PV DB for a couple of years. Nice, loud, lots of character. Never noticed the 15" having excessive low end over any of the other amps I used at the time. Maybe my ear wasn't attuned to it. :dontknow: Never actually played a C30 to compare it to. But from what I recall they have the same architecture in the amp. Don't think you can go wrong with either of the Delta Blues, be it 1x15 or 2x10. Or a C30 for that matter. Rock solid amps.

Papa Smurph is using a C30; odds are he'll chime in as soon as he checks into the forum today.

Guest HRB853370

Used a PV DB for a couple of years. Nice, loud, lots of character. Never noticed the 15" having excessive low end over any of the other amps I used at the time. Maybe my ear wasn't attuned to it. :dontknow: Never actually played a C30 to compare it to. But from what I recall they have the same architecture in the amp. Don't think you can go wrong with either of the Delta Blues, be it 1x15 or 2x10. Or a C30 for that matter. Rock solid amps.

Papa Smurph is using a C30; odds are he'll chime in as soon as he checks into the forum today.

The only thing I can see different Kenny, is the addition of the tremolo circuit to the Delta Blues over the C-30. I sold my C-30 a few months back. It was the black tweed, but I really like the blonde tweed much better.

The only thing I can see different Kenny, is the addition of the tremolo circuit to the Delta Blues over the C-30. I sold my C-30 a few months back. It was the black tweed, but I really like the blonde tweed much better.

Yeah, the trem circuit. Think that's what makes it "Delta Blues" over the C30. Nice trem, too. Rarely use that effect, but I recall it worked well. In fact, that whole amp worked well. The 15" made it a bit bulky for a combo. But there are certainly larger combo amps out there.

Guest HRB853370

Yeah, the trem circuit. Think that's what makes it "Delta Blues" over the C30. Nice trem, too. Rarely use that effect, but I recall it worked well. In fact, that whole amp worked well. The 15" made it a bit bulky for a combo. But there are certainly larger combo amps out there.

I may opt for the 2x10. I am scoping a deal on a floor model as we speak.

Once while shopping at a local mom and pop git shop for a cheap tremolo stomp box, the salesman let me hear a 'real' tremolo in a Peavey Delta Blues 15 for comparison.

I walked out of the store with the Delta Blues amp!!

They are relatively inexpensive and cover a lot of ground tonally. And they love dirt pedals too. I used mine mostly for clean jazzy stuff, but man what a great stage performer that amp is.

Yep..I love my C-30..A friend had a delta blues a few years back..Don't really know why but he never seemed to get the overdrive out of it, that the C-30 seems to have..Maybe he was looking for more of a clean tone, I don't know..But I think the Delta and Classics are still US made..at least mine was..as always YMMV..

I'll add my 2 cents to the "I love my Peavey Classic 30" pile. I've played and liked the Delta Blues, but if I'M having to haul it around, the C30 is big enough to have to haul up and down the stairs! (BTW, if you recall I offered to change that speaker in your C30 for you at PSP, ya big chicken! haha)

Guest HRB853370

Yep..I love my C-30..A friend had a delta blues a few years back..Don't really know why but he never seemed to get the overdrive out of it, that the C-30 seems to have..Maybe he was looking for more of a clean tone, I don't know..But I think the Delta and Classics are still US made..at least mine was..as always YMMV..

Yes, US made they are!

I'll add my 2 cents to the "I love my Peavey Classic 30" pile. I've played and liked the Delta Blues, but if I'M having to haul it around, the C30 is big enough to have to haul up and down the stairs! (BTW, if you recall I offered to change that speaker in your C30 for you at PSP, ya big chicken! haha)

You wimp Shundog, your a bigger guy than me and you can't schlep a Delta Blues (same weight as a C 30 )?

Ha, the big chicken gotcha!

Yes, US made they are!

You wimp Shundog, your a bigger guy than me and you can't schlep a Delta Blues (same weight as a C 30 )?

Ha, the big chicken gotcha!

HMM, you had me doubting myself, my good Will.....I should NEVER do that!! haha. I double checked the Peavey sight for unpacked weight on the different models, and they are:

Classic 30: 39.5

Delta Blues 115: 49.2

Delta Blues 210: 45.0

http://peavey.com/products/instamplifiers/guitaramps/classic/index.cfm/item/117399/Delta%26nbsp%3BBlues%26trade%3B%26nbsp%3B210.html

Not a ton of difference in weight, and I'm sure my Weber speaker in my Classic 30 makes it heavier, but 10 lbs is 10 lbs! And yes, I am a whimp....But I WAS right! :laughing6: I do think I was remembering picking up a Classic 50 410 when I made the "if I have to haul it around" comment. Weight unpacked; 71 LBS! Ouch! Chiropractors everywhere, rejoice!

Wimps!! You ain't hauled nuttin' 'til you've hauled a pair of Altec Lansing Voice of the Theater speakers up a 3 story, outdoor, 2ft wide, rickety wooden staircase and then back down after a 4 hr gig and umpteen beers! That's hauling!!

I keep thinking a funny tshirt idea would be a progression like the Evolution idea of a monkey progressively walking more upright, and becoming a man; my idea being a guy in his 30s hauling a Twin Reverb, a guy in his 40s hauling a Deluxe Reverb, a dude in his 50s with a Princeton Reverb, and guy in his 60s with a Champ!

I keep thinking a funny tshirt idea would be a progression like the Evolution idea of a monkey progressively walking more upright, and becoming a man; my idea being a guy in his 30s hauling a Twin Reverb, a guy in his 40s hauling a Deluxe Reverb, a dude in his 50s with a Princeton Reverb, and guy in his 60s with a Champ!

You could always have it like: a guy going through each short decade of his short life with a twin on a trolly with wheels.

Either that or start from a lap top and end with an iphone.

More futuristic would be to plug a guitar into a wireless device that sends the signal to an internal processor/modeller/profiler thats wired up to your brain. From there its sent to the desk. which is sending you a mix back that you can internally adjust to suit your needs. No need for fold back. You mix the whole band personally inside your head.

So it would be: 80's guy= stack(on wheels), 90's guy= combo(on wheels), 2000's guy smaller combo(on wheels), 2010s'ish+ guy= lap top(carried), 2020 guy small phone/computer(top pocket), 2030 guy internal processor, 2040= giant insect playing telecaster through a tweed deluxe(hovering).

I have the 1 x 15" version of the Delta Blues and it's a nice amp. For it's price it's a great amp! Some of my G&L's are bright and the Delta Blues does a nice job of calming the brightness. I've found the tube tamer which is available on Ebay is a must for this amp.

Sprinter

Guest HRB853370

You could always have it like: a guy going through each short decade of his short life with a twin on a trolly with wheels.

Either that or start from a lap top and end with an iphone.

More futuristic would be to plug a guitar into a wireless device that sends the signal to an internal processor/modeller/profiler thats wired up to your brain. From there its sent to the desk. which is sending you a mix back that you can internally adjust to suit your needs. No need for fold back. You mix the whole band personally inside your head.

So it would be: 80's guy= stack(on wheels), 90's guy= combo(on wheels), 2000's guy smaller combo(on wheels), 2010s'ish+ guy= lap top(carried), 2020 guy small phone/computer(top pocket), 2030 guy internal processor, 2040= giant insect playing telecaster through a tweed deluxe(hovering).

Thats kinda scary!

Guest HRB853370

Wimps!! You ain't hauled nuttin' 'til you've hauled a pair of Altec Lansing Voice of the Theater speakers up a 3 story, outdoor, 2ft wide, rickety wooden staircase and then back down after a 4 hr gig and umpteen beers! That's hauling!!

Kenny, I have done that with a full set of drums and trap cases....ouch my back!

Kenny, I have done that with a full set of drums and trap cases....ouch my back!

That's why Tom Petty talks about that Roadie named BART!!

I once bought a Delta Blues 1x15 as a demo, got a decent price on it and it was a decent amp for the money. But after a few months it started making funny noises and then quit. Peavey said they would honor the warranty as long it wasn't tubes. I had to schlep it all the way from Oakland to San Mateo for the warranty work and it turned out that it was bad power tubes. So I was stuck with the cost of the new tubes and the labor which made the cost more than I would have wanted to pay. So my advice is try to get an estimate of how many demo hours the amp has on it and maybe get them to throw in a set power tubes.

I've had actually already started working on a prototype for this... but then came to the conclusion I was one of few with enough empty space in my head for the tubes :wacko:

I've had actually already started working on a prototype for this... but then came to the conclusion I was one of few with enough empty space in my head for the tubes :wacko:

tubes!! lol. 1/4 way throught the 1st set, sniff sniff, who's got the bbq cranking?

Guest HRB853370

I once bought a Delta Blues 1x15 as a demo, got a decent price on it and it was a decent amp for the money. But after a few months it started making funny noises and then quit. Peavey said they would honor the warranty as long it wasn't tubes. I had to schlep it all the way from Oakland to San Mateo for the warranty work and it turned out that it was bad power tubes. So I was stuck with the cost of the new tubes and the labor which made the cost more than I would have wanted to pay. So my advice is try to get an estimate of how many demo hours the amp has on it and maybe get them to throw in a set power tubes.

That happened with my Classic 30 that I bought on ebay a few years back. The seller kindly reimbursed me $80 for a new set of tubes. Problem was solved, but this is why I try not to buy used tube amps if I can avoid it.

yes, I think that would be a great t-shirt, Brian. I can picture it in black and white.

As a Delta Blues (15) owner, it is a great amp. A major selling point for me was the 15" speaker which enhances the tone and is a nice change from the 12" and 2x12" speaker setups. However, the main negative in my situation is that it is so loud, so I don't play through it as often as I might otherwise. If you can handle the volume, it is well worth getting.

Archived