Heritage Owners Club

Parsons Street Questions Answered

DavesNotHere

Well, I received a nice surprise in the mail this morning! Two letters from Heritage Guitars.

I received the switch tips for my Stat, and answers about my new, to me, Parsons Street.

While talking to Mr. Wall at PSP IV he was kind of giving me down the road about my Stat not being original. ( “down the road” is Southern Speak and is loosely translated as “yanking one's chain” or “pulling one's leg”).

I didn't realize it at first and I guess he saw the look on my face, and he took pity on me. He told me it was just missing the switch tips, everything else was completely original.

He also kindly offered to send me a set of tips if I sent him a SASE, which of course I did.

A couple of weeks after PSP IV, I purchased a hair metal, shredder, none more black 1988 Parsons Street. The tremelo (Floyd Rose) and humbucker (Seymore Duncan) did not appear to be original, and since it's painted I really couldn't tell what kind of wood was used. So, I also sent a list of questions about the Parson Street. So here's the info

Original humbucker- Schaller Golden 50

Body- Maple

Original Tremelo – They did some with Kahler and some with Floyd Rose.

Any original cases stashed away and available for purchase? No

So, I guess I'm now in the market for a Schaller Golden 50.

And I'm also conflicted. Is the Floyd Rose on this one original, or did it come with a Kahler? The world may never know.

I've already found a Kahler Spyder (Thanks Brent!). It's black and I like the way it looks on the black body, so I think I will use the Kahler. But, I guess I will never really know which one is original. Such is life.

I also mentioned that I had a set of tone knobs at home from a H-157 custom and I only needed the rest of the guitar to make them completey original. I'm still waiting on that one..... :lol:

post-4456-0-14125500-1316280955_thumb.jpg

post-4456-0-42806600-1316280956_thumb.jpg

post-4456-0-80155400-1316280957_thumb.jpg

Yea that's sweet, that's the Parsons Street V, mine is the III. The V is the uptown version. I wonder what happened to PS I, II, and IV?

Kinda' like preparations A through G I suppose.

And sadly the Ampegs are not mine. They're my friend Joe's.

ehm...does the tremolo of a Stat go all the way through the body?

Because the Spyder does and it looks like the Stat has the Kahler 2320 which requires no routing through but just on the body.

Also there is some debate about Floyd Rose vs. Kahler. The Spyder is a licensed Floyd Rose made by Kahler. I find the Spyder a bit more stable than the 2320 Kahler (which I have on my 1980 Heritage Vip2, a cousin of your Stat). So I would advice to keep the Floyd Rose on your Stat anyway.

The Golden 50 may be a good choice. It works very well on my H 162.

Because the Spyder does and it looks like the Stat has the Kahler 2320 which requires no routing through but just on the body.

Also there is some debate about Floyd Rose vs. Kahler. The Spyder is a licensed Floyd Rose made by Kahler. I find the Spyder a bit more stable than the 2320 Kahler (which I have on my 1980 Heritage Vip2, a cousin of your Stat). So I would advice to keep the Floyd Rose on your Stat anyway.

Good info Jacques, nice to see you posting again !

That's correct, the Stat is not routed through the body. I'm not changing that one.

I'm going to put the Spyder on the Parsons Street, mainly because I like the way it looks It is routed through the body. I may change my mind after I play it for a while. I'll keep the FR so I can always change it back.

I'd love to see some pictures of your VIP 2

• 1 month later...

Sorry for taking a bit long to answer, but I'm just not that often here anymore... No offense to the guys, but I try to play my Heritages more than write about 'em and for most veterans just about every topic has been discussed anyway. Which does NOT mean this would be no important place to go for everyone looking for information, don't get me wrong!

As for DavesNotHere: I have my pictures posted on my website www.jacquesguitars.com so that would be the fastest way to have a look.

Well, I received a nice surprise in the mail this morning! Two letters from Heritage Guitars.

I received the switch tips for my Stat, and answers about my new, to me, Parsons Street.

While talking to Mr. Wall at PSP IV he was kind of giving me down the road about my Stat not being original. ( “down the road” is Southern Speak and is loosely translated as “yanking one's chain” or “pulling one's leg”).

I didn't realize it at first and I guess he saw the look on my face, and he took pity on me. He told me it was just missing the switch tips, everything else was completely original.

He also kindly offered to send me a set of tips if I sent him a SASE, which of course I did.

A couple of weeks after PSP IV, I purchased a hair metal, shredder, none more black 1988 Parsons Street. The tremelo (Floyd Rose) and humbucker (Seymore Duncan) did not appear to be original, and since it's painted I really couldn't tell what kind of wood was used. So, I also sent a list of questions about the Parson Street. So here's the info

Original humbucker- Schaller Golden 50

Body- Maple

Original Tremelo – They did some with Kahler and some with Floyd Rose.

Any original cases stashed away and available for purchase? No

So, I guess I'm now in the market for a Schaller Golden 50.

And I'm also conflicted. Is the Floyd Rose on this one original, or did it come with a Kahler? The world may never know.

I've already found a Kahler Spyder (Thanks Brent!). It's black and I like the way it looks on the black body, so I think I will use the Kahler. But, I guess I will never really know which one is original. Such is life.

I also mentioned that I had a set of tone knobs at home from a H-157 custom and I only needed the rest of the guitar to make them completey original. I'm still waiting on that one..... :lol:

I have a couple Schaller pup's from my '85. I checked with Schaller and the type I have are now referred to as the Golden 50's. PM me if interested.

I have a couple Schaller pup's from my '85. I checked with Schaller and the type I have are now referred to as the Golden 50's. PM me if interested.

Thanks for the offer. But, I just bought the Schallers The Bird took out of his (daughter's) 137. I haven't made the swap yet. I'll post pictures when I do.

Sorry for taking a bit long to answer, but I'm just not that often here anymore... No offense to the guys, but I try to play my Heritages more than write about 'em and for most veterans just about every topic has been discussed anyway. Which does NOT mean this would be no important place to go for everyone looking for information, don't get me wrong!

As for DavesNotHere: I have my pictures posted on my website www.jacquesguitars.com so that would be the fastest way to have a look.

Dude!!! I love that VIP!! The rest of your collection is not too shabby either :)

I just picked up a white 162, but it doesn't hold a candle to your red one.

I need to get The Bird to take some shots of my 162. Here is one of my crappy ones.

post-4456-0-16143500-1319242662_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Bird! Life is busy you know and whenever I have time I play the damn geetars instead of reading & writing about 'em...

Also there hasn't been a lot going on in terms of acquisition or spectacular upgrades. Things are just steady as they are! I get back here every once in a while to keep up to date. It is not often that I have anything to add to the professional comments of my fellow 'Heritageians'.

Dude!!! I love that VIP!! The rest of your collection is not too shabby either :)

I just picked up a white 162, but it doesn't hold a candle to your red one.

I need to get The Bird to take some shots of my 162. Here is one of my crappy ones.

Well Dave, a color is just...well...a color and the red paint gets worn off by the buckle anyway. Hold on to that 162, they are VERY special guitars. The Golden 50 Schaller, but also the two single coils are excellent pickups in my opinion.

Archived