Heritage Owners Club

hard to sell

bolero

damn it's hard to sell a guitar you've grown attached to...

I have a blue 150 that's a bit redundant, as I'm using the 150 sunburst I bought off Jack more, plus my "main" 150

how do you guys flip so many guitars? isn't it painful to watch them go?

just had a thought..I just finished Keith Richards' autobiography ( it's a fantastic read!! )

maybe I need a dedicated 5 string Keef-tuned Heritage...

Unless it is a rare model that I think I may not be able to get ahold of easily in the future should I change my mind, I guess I'm short sided enough to see the benefit of the money I get from the sale to get what I "REALLY" want (this week.) I haven't sold my G ES-335 because it sounds/looks great, and while not particularly rare, I had to go through about 10 to find THIS one, and it's not perfect (neck heavy). Plus, I don't know that I could ever allow myself to spend that much for a guitar again. It was the most expensive one I've ever bought, by about a $1000.

I recently walked up to the line to sell my 555--then walked away and decided to keep it,, and just keep saving cash until I had what I needed to add to what I've got. ( I am selling my bike to make it happen though) I am totally glad that I didn't sell---and owe much to the HOC foreverybody's good words abt keeping it....many, many thanks!!!!!

I have always tried hard to not become attached to any particular guitar, but as time goes by, I find my "do no sell" pile is growing and growing. Now I find myself trying to keep my wife up to date on values so she will know what to ask for them should somethng happen to me.

I still have (and play) every guitar I have every owned, except the first one (a Jazzmaster replica), which was part of the payment for my second one. I miss that Jazzmaster...

Some of us form close personal relationships with their gear. For me this has been particularly so with each Heritage guitar I've owned.

I have bought and sold some very fine Gibsons and high end Ibanez gits, but I have yet to sell ANY of my Heritage guitars.

They are like family.

Only sold two guitars I wish I hadn't. My wife keeps me grounded pretty much about which guitars to turn or not. Altho the final decision is always mine. And once I've sold a guitar I try not to even think about it. It's gone and that's it.

I couldn't sell any of mine. I only buy ones I want to keep.

I couldn't sell any of mine. I only buy ones I want to keep.

That's what I think about all of them when I first get them. Turns out, takes something more than just the brand or style, etc., to get me to bond that tightly to a guitar. Current list of "nevers" that I could say is probably the truest is my '74 LPC, '95 PRS CE24, the H40 Mandolin, the Custom Prospect and the PSPIII White 535 Custom. But each of these has been used or involved in a situation that has a deeper meaning to me. My other H's and G's and and and haven't done that yet. So, they could find themselves on the block any time soon. In fact, contemplating two more moves right now.

i can't flip em either. I regret selling the ones I did, even thou they were closet queens. and the point about keeping a list of the gits you own and what they are is a good bit of advice.

Archived